• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

WeHave's Bitching Thread - Enter at Your Own Peril

WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou

I will get banned again soon, worry not.
Apparently the Habs decided not to make Max available to the media after the game tonight. This, to me speaks volumes about this player's disturbing lack of character. When things are going good Max is only too happy to mug for the cameras but things go sour and he runs and hides? That is cowardice, pure and simple. Bergevin should have told him to pull up his big boy pants and be accountable.

Playoff hockey doesn't build character but it does reveal it. In this instance Pacioretty has been found wanting. I don't care that he's got a cap-friendly contract or that he scored a bushel of meaningless regular season goals against mostly mediocre opposition. If you don't bring it to the rink when the games really matter then you are a waste of good money. If I'm in Bergevin's shoes this is the first guy I'm looking to unload in the off-season. A power forward needs to display, well, power. He needs to use his size to drive to the net and he needs to put opponents on their rear ends. You can't play an indifferent, perimeter game and call yourself a power forward, much less ask to be paid like one.

I know that putting him in the press box is probably asking too much but a demotion to the fourth line is easily justified.

Re: Pacioretty decides not to face the music

Apparently the Habs decided not to make Max available to the media after the game tonight. This, to me speaks volumes about this player's disturbing lack of character. When things are going good Max is only too happy to mug for the cameras but things go sour and he runs and hides? That is cowardice, pure and simple. Bergevin should have told him to pull up his big boy pants and be accountable.

Playoff hockey doesn't build character but it does reveal it. In this instance Pacioretty has been found wanting. I don't care that he's got a cap-friendly contract or that he scored a bushel of meaningless regular season goals against mostly mediocre opposition. If you don't bring it to the rink when the games really matter then you are a waste of good money. If I'm in Bergevin's shoes this is the first guy I'm looking to unload in the off-season. A power forward needs to display, well, power. He needs to use his size to drive to the net and he needs to put opponents on their rear ends. You can't play an indifferent, perimeter game and call yourself a power forward, much less ask to be paid like one.

I know that putting him in the press box is probably asking too much but a demotion to the fourth line is easily justified.

Or maybe he really did get his bell rung and was being looked at?

Too funny man.

Mate , just how high was the tree you fell out of when you sustained your brain damage ?

Bartend , another Sam's !

A bientot !

I sometimes wish WeHave was a GM for some random team in the league. He'd make Mike Milbury look like Sam Pollock in comparison.

You're all making the same mistake: you're over-valuing your own asset. Pacioretty is a streaky perimeter player. He doesn't play a power forward type game. He just looks like one sometimes because he plays next to DD.

I also think that his reticence to face the media last night is weak. What happened to accountability? What about that oft-repeated motto from the dressing room: No Excuses?

If you want to improve the team you have to be prepared to do more than simply trading a fifth defenceman or a fourth line winger. You have to be willing to cut into the bones and sinew of the roster, not just trim excess fat.

How is it madness? We're tied with the President's Trophy winners (and could just as easily have swept them in four straight) without any significant contribution from Pacioretty. You guys talk as though we can't live without him but that's exactly what we have been doing since the playoffs began. Are we that much worse off?

Pacs does have that strange, strained look on his face these days on the ice. Not that happy go lucky disposition he had during the regular season.

Pacs does have that strange, strained look on his face these days on the ice. Not that happy go lucky disposition he had during the regular season.

I wouldn't either if I knew I hadn't scored in 14 games, and pundits who were crap players like Gilbert Delorme we calling me out for being a coward soft and perimeter player etc

How is it madness? We're tied with the President's Trophy winners (and could just as easily have swept them in four straight) without any significant contribution from Pacioretty. You guys talk as though we can't live without him but that's exactly what we have been doing since the playoffs began. Are we that much worse off?

Oh sunshine.

Not sure why I bother.

The Bruins key on him....when they spend all the efforts focusing on him it opens up other players/lines.

Sure he needs to be better but running from the media, get rid of him, etc

full potato

Never mind where are we without his 39 goals this year? We probably don't even make the playoffs without him.

I'm not saying he's untouchable, but to me, production > name. You can call him a power forward - I can him a producer. He's not the "power forward" who will go crash the net like a Franzen. He's the guy who will use his size to get open in the slot. I want more from him, too. But I won't sit him for lack of production, because he is creating some space out there, he's responsible defensively, and he's the type of guy who will break out eventually and score 4 goals in 3 games.

Speaking of power forwards....what has Lucic done?

Curious because I never notice him.

Flyers would apparently like to acquire a fast, high scoring wing to play with Giroux. I doubt they would offer Simmonds for Max but if they did, i think I'd be pretty tempted. I like Max but I'm disappointed that he appears unwilling to "pay the price" in these playoffs so far to be able to score. You can shove "Chara" back in my face but there was no 33 on Tampa following Max around and he still didn't adjust his game to be able score in the playoffs, i.e., not just scoring off the rush. This is not the regular season, Max. You must be ready to pay a price to score.

according to Pierre McGuire , Max was treated as pretty college boy by Bruins Boston during the game

Back