• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Jarome Iginla

Julien wasn't a douche when he coached the Habs. But now? King of the Douche.

Julien got very polarized after his stint in NJ

I don't know if you guys are aware but there were stories circulating that despite sitting in first place the players had zero respect for Julien and actually tested his authority and found he was soft.

The NJ leaders went to Lou who obviously has high regard for his leaders of the time and told him that julien was too soft etc..we all know what happened after that.

Julien got fired despite the fact his tem was in first place.

I think after that experience Julien grew a set and became what he is today.

He's no difderent than most coaches out there but I wouldn't categorize him in the same douchebagness as some of his players

Yup - was thinking the exact thing, replace Gionta w Iggy Pop.

I wouldn't touch Iginla...he's old and had a good year playing on a line that suited him.

I don't think he would strive here as a role player on a 3rd line

Thornton & Kelly won't be back, and I suspect they're going to go hard after Alex Edler to sure up their D, they'll need to deal some others to clear cap space.

Thornton & Kelly won't be back, and I suspect they're going to go hard after Alex Edler to sure up their D, they'll need to deal some others to clear cap space.

I'll be surprised if they don't find a way to keep Thornton.

As for Kelly he's a good fit for them on the 4rth line but I bet a team bites and gives him a tempting contract to play him in a bigger role

There's no way they'll find place for Edler without gutting their team. If they sign Iginla, there's no space for Edler.

Thornton is probably gone, Kelly has two years left on his deal at a very manageable $3M. Although if they did want to get rid of him, there will be some teams interested. Very solid third line player.

I would not be surprised however if they decided to trade Marchand. Did diddly ****-all for the entirety of the playoffs and I have a feeling they're tired of his shit.

Looking at Boston's cap next year, they currently have $63M committed on 19 players (18 if you discount Savard) and the extras from Iginla's contract.

Smith & Krug looking for raises from their entry level deals, let's assume $3.5M each. So if theoretically Boston decided to trade Kelly & Marchand without taking any salary in return, the money saved is spent on Smith & Krug's raises.

If Iginla signs another one year ~$6M deal, they'll have $69M spent on 19 players. They'll more than likely have to get some of their players from Providence to play on the third line or sign some super cheap UFAs. Not to mention find a goalie at league minimum to backup Rask.

Another way to save money would be to trade Adam McQuaid to save on his $1.6M, but you're not going to be saving much.

Chia-pet apparently went hard after him at deadline, but was contingent on a Kessler deal which didn't manifest.

Back