• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin Thread

Slader

I think he needs a lot of credit for this as well. Not only with the trades that have turned into gold, I think his passion for winning has left an impression on the team. When Gainey and the Goat were here the team play with very little emotion. It seems a lot different with the new GM

As I thought last night abour Weise vs Lucic (the chest pounding/flexing, etc)... This is not Komi era habs.

Bergevin's done an excellent job. Sure he's made mistakes but nothing drastic.

The future's bright.

MB has made some good moves so far, I hope it doesn't go to his head to the point he starts making bad ones...like resigning Therrien.

I like how he is emotional. That seems to be rubbing off with the players. He wants it bad and show it. I feel that is needed in a place like Montreal. Him being down there to meet players coming off the ice last night was great to see.

The moves he has made this season have really paid off. Making the Vanek moved showed he is willing to take chances. He built up a nice surplus of prospects. When you do that, you can make those trades.

MB has created a more team mentality. His predecessors ran the team with an ivory tower mentality.

MB has made some good moves so far, I hope it doesn't go to his head to the point he starts making bad ones...like resigning Therrien.

we all know he will get the extension . specially with this P-O achievement so far .i am not a big fan of him but when he does mistakes he realise it and try to fix it like replacing Beaulieu with Murray .

Marc obviously look genius with acquisition of Weise, Vanek and Weaver . he sure did some bad moves like signing Murray and 2 years to Brière . but i guess right now no one blame him on giving Brière a contract :)

The moves he has made this season have really paid off. Making the Vanek moved showed he is willing to take chances. He built up a nice surplus of prospects. When you do that, you can make those trades.

I'm particularly impressed with the strategy: creating cap space for a high end deadline acquisition - not sure if Vanek was the target from the beginning of the season.

Heard on TSN radio that Babcock might leave Detroit...not sure, but I heard it during the morning show yesterday when they were talking about who would replace Dan Bylsman in Pittsburgh.

At this point, Therrien will get his extension....and hopefully it's for 2 years, not the usual 4 years

Lemieux will throw a lot of cash at Babcock if he becomes available.

Who wouldn't want to coach Malkin-Crosby....

Babcock's challenge will be to turn both of them into defensive reliable players (see Zetterberg-Datsyuk)

Babcock looking for new challenge ,at first they mentioned leafs but i won't be surprise see him in Pittsburgh and i really hope one day we get rid of this stupid rule of hiring french speaking coach and hire some one base on his capacity and not speaking French .
when English put their ego aside and hire Italian coach for their soccer team . it just make me laugh a small community (compare to big image of how soccer means to whole English nation) in 2014 still resist to hire best available coach base on his capacity and not his language !

Babcock would not want to come coach here.....it would be like what he had to go through answering all those Olympic roster questions, but this time 365 days a year....you could see he was irritated with the whole Olympic media attention.

Babcock is smart , he is like José Mourinho of soccer . he will go somewhere that has a shot to win a cup or has lots of potential . he won't end up coaching Oilers like teams for sure lol

Last edited:
Babcock would not want to come coach here.....it would be like what he had to go through answering all those Olympic roster questions, but this time 365 days a year....you could see he was irritated with the whole Olympic media attention.
you get used to it , that is not an issue .when a guy like Therrien who is not known to be a great English speaker and being emotional person does it in regular base .any one will do

Back