• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Summer 2014 Transfer Thread

Nani to Sporting is complete, a 1 year loan.

Twitter is abuzz with rumors of Julio Cesar to Benfica on a free transfer.

Apparently LFC just don't like their chances without a healthy dose of crazy at one of the forward slots.

I found Balotelli's brand of crazy more entertaining. But the league could still use Suarez' skill level. His scoring was a sick as his mind.

Let the fun and games begin. When this video surfaced yesterday, Balotelli endeared himself to a large portion of Liverpool supporters. When Milan introduced him back in 2013, he refused to answer a S*n reporter's question because of the way they treated him while at Manchester City.

[video=youtube;QzQDtE3zheU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQDtE3zheU[/video]

A shared hatred of the S*n? Balotelli wins! :)

Last edited:
As for the "crazy" at the forward spot comment, crazy works if you're also an insanely gifted striker of the ball. Mario scored 30 in 54 appearances for Milan, a high rate of return playing in Italy and one that exceeded the rate he had at City. Sometimes I forget, he's only 24 years old. His best is ahead of him. If he can score 20 in the Prem (and Sturridge matches last year's total), my Reds will be title contenders again.

Let the fun and games begin. When this video surfaced yesterday, Balotelli endeared himself to a large portion of Liverpool supporters. When Milan introduced him back in 2013, he refused to answer a S*n reporter's question because of the way they treated him while at Manchester City.

A shared hatred of the S*n? Balotelli wins! :)

Looking forward to a t-shirt under the game jersey on that topic, then. Could be epic.

Also, this might could change my end-of-season projection for Liverpool.

Georgios Samaras, who I swear is older than 29, moved back to the Prem today, signing on at the Hawthorns.

Out of contract at the club that saw him turn his career around, Greek striker Georgios Samaras is going to take another chance at proving himself in the Premier League.

The 29-year-old, 6-foot-4 attacker is officially no longer a Celtic attacker, joining West Bromwich Albion on a free transfer. Samaras will join a Baggies attack that added Brown Ideye and Craig Gardner over the summer, and got a pair of goals from Saido Berahino in a 2-2 opening weekend draw with Sunderland.

Samaras joins West Brom on a free

And more rumours from NBC Sports Pro Soccer Talk

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal may step away from interest in Angel Di Maria due to a desire not to stunt the growth of Adnan Januzaj, according to the Express. Then again, pro-Real Madrid outlet Marca says United is set for a big Di Maria bid (Spanish link).

But he is said to be very interested in 21-year-old Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva. The Cruzeiro player is also sought by Inter Milan, according to the Daily Mail.

Van Gaal is also said to be studying Benfica’s Nico Gaitan and Inter Milan’s Fredy Guarin in the hopes of adding more midfield depth before the window closes. Meanwhile, it’s claimed that $53 million and Chicharito is United’s final offer to pry Arturo Vidal from Juventus. It could be enough.

Rumours for a Friday, 22.08.14

On Samaras ... over his time at Celtic he turned into a pretty effective left winger, although not as speedy as the players you normally see out wide on attack. He also has retained his proficiency at getting his head on balls on set pieces. He's just not as potent a scorer at this point as he was a few years ago. But in every other way a darned effective possession player and a hard worker. I'm happy that he grabbed a job in the EPL and wish him the best. At Celtic it was just time to let some younger legs have their day.

^^^I didn't mean to suggest Samaras didn't deserve a move back, just that I was sure he was older than 29. :p

As for Balotelli, well he's ours now, might as well get used to it.

^^^I didn't mean to suggest Samaras didn't deserve a move back, just that I was sure he was older than 29. :p

As for Balotelli, well he's ours now, might as well get used to it.

Yeah, I was just updating the end of his Celtic career more or less. And you're right. He's looked like a much older man for a long time now. It's the beard and the stringy hair, I guess. Dude looks like Vlad the Impaler.

Roma sign Arsenal target Konstantinos Manolas on loan from Olympiakos with a 13 million euro permanent move next summer. Roma then sell Medhi Benatia to Bayern who sign him to a 5 year contract.

Hull sign Michael Dawson from Spurs.

Back