• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who needs to go this off-season

WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou

I will get banned again soon, worry not.
Don't think for one minute that a trip to the ECF means that this team doesn't need to be gutted because there is still plenty of deadwood/progress stoppers on the roster and improvement won't happen unless or until they are gone.

FORWARDS:

Pacioretty - soft perimeter player
Vanek - going to Minnesota
Plekanec - plays like a little girl in games that matter
Bourque - invisible most of the time
Gionta - a spent force who has become a liability
Moen - washed-up
Parros - washed-up

DEFENCEMEN:

Boullion - enough already
Murray - too old and slow
Markov - not worth the money anymore

GOAL:

Budaj - usurped by Tokarski, who costs less

Lots of work to do over the summer.

Pacioretty isn't going anywhere, and he shouldn't, regardless of how many times you mention it.

I'd still bring Markov back, but as a second-pairing defenceman... we really need a guy to slot in between Subban and Markov.

I'm fine if the rest aren't back.

Pacioretty makes peanuts for a 35-40-goal scorer.....he is not going anywhere.

What we need to do is get other big players on the top lines to support Max, so that he doesn't have to be the only big body in the top 6 (and have all the dmen concentrate on him).....

Unlike most of the names on that list, Pacioretty could actually fetch you something of value in a trade. But you're not going to get anything good for Bourque or Gionta.

We can't dump all these players Wehave.....who will replace them ???

Pleks should be a 3rd line center.....nothing higher.....I'd like to keep him if we can have Chuckie as the top center, maybe DD/Eller as the second line center, and Pleks as 3rd line.

DD, for all his heart and skill, is too small to go 4 rounds in the playoffs.....

Unlike most of the names on that list, Pacioretty could actually fetch you something of value in a trade. But you're not going to get anything good for Bourque or Gionta.

I never wanted to get anything good for Gionta.....I wanted him traded in 2013 deadline for draft picks.....because if Gionta is gonna stand in our zone and do nothing, well a 7th round draft pick can do that also, as well as shoot the puck from 50 feet away on the goalie

We can't dump all these players Wehave.....who will replace them ???

Pleks should be a 3rd line center.....nothing higher.....I'd like to keep him if we can have Chuckie as the top center, maybe DD/Eller as the second line center, and Pleks as 3rd line.

DD, for all his heart and skill, is too small to go 4 rounds in the playoffs.....

why? he brings very little in the playoffs, I rather have someone who gives a ****..

This is why they pay Bergevin the big bucks: to find guys who are better than the guys he currently has. We've seen enough of Plekanec in playoff games to know that it's not going to get better. So stop worrying about which plumber we're going to bring in to replace him. Just get rid of him. There has got to be a better option out there somewhere. Bergy's job is to find it.

I am not convinced that Chuckie-DD-Eller is better than Chuckie-Eller-Pleks

This past few years, we have had too many small players in the top 6......Gionta-Gally-DD.......Cammy-Gomez....Koivu....etc

Time to get bigger.....easier said than done obviously

Get rid of eleven players? I usually defend you but that is nuts.

Anyway, how about we wait until it is actually the offseason to talk about such things?

The off-season has already started. The Habs are like a guy who's been mortally wounded. He's still conscious but unaware that he's already dead.

I'd be fine with trading Pleks, if only because I feel he could still bring us some value. That would leave our forwards as:
Max - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - AG - xxx
Bournival - Eller - xxx
Weise - Briere - Prust
(Moen, White)

With the 2 unknowns being a FA and whoever we get back from dealing Pleks. I'd only do that if we could get back someone of value who fit our roster, though.

Back