• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin Post Mortem - June 2 - 11AM

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
MB will be having his annual post mortem presser at 11 AM

Let's post all coments here

Can be caught on RDS.ca or TSN690

I am sure French media will ask : Est ce qu' il y a une chance de voir Francis dans l'uniforme de Canadiens l'an prochain ? :)

MB- saying he has to sit down with staff to determine what needs they will have going forward to go to the next level

MB- The leadership of the team is slowly turning to guys like Gallgher, Pk, Max, Price

MB- He says he already has an opinion on Vanek but will make decision after he speaks to his staff

Аrpon Basu: Bergevin on Vanek: "Overall am I satisfied? Yes." Said he helped them reach playoffs, even though he wasn't as good once there.

MB- Nice to have that depth in nets when talking about Tokarski

MB-Still thinks Budaj is one of the best backups

MB-It was Therrien's instinct to go with Toakrski

MB- We're still not a mature team yet, still lots of work to do to get to where Chicago or LA is

Still saying that just making the playoffs is a big deal

MB- On starting to insert on a regular basis the defense corp with Tinordi and Beaulieu going forward

They're closer than further than making the NHL...but it's up to them to make it

Arpon Basu: Bergevin on Beaulieu and Tinordi: "I think the day they become everyday players with the Canadiens will be sooner rather than later."

Mitch Melnick: "Not ready to answer that five days after the playoffs ended for us" - on Galchenyuk at C.

nothing new to hear from Berg . that doesn't surprise me . no one so far asked a question about signing free agents .

Back