• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The UFA/RFA Signing Thread

Did Brassard have a sniper of Cammi's quality on his wing last season? BTW, I'm not saying that Brassard is anything special . . . but neither is 14 at this point, he's just older.

Zuccarello had 59 points on his wing this year. Cammi had 50 points that year with Plek.

263061.jpg

It's not an opinion that is subject to being right or wrong.

It absolutely is subject to being right and wrong. Unless you think that you can claim that Moen is better than Pacioretty and say "It's not an opinion that is subject to being right or wrong."

It absolutely is subject to being right and wrong. Unless you think that you can claim that Moen is better than Pacioretty and say "It's not an opinion that is subject to being right or wrong."

I never said that Brassard is "better" than 14. I said that I would be more apt to pay him $5 million per at this point in his career than 14, mostly because of his age and upward potential, as opposed to 14, who's on the wrong side of 30 and has probably seen his best days (he's also smaller than Brassard). That's an opinion that is not subject to being "right" or "wrong."

Last edited:
I never said that Brassard is "better" than 14. I said that I would be more apt to pay him $5 million per at this point in his career than 14, mostly because of his age and upward potential, as opposed to 14, who's on the wrong side of 30. That's an opinion that is not subject to being "right" or "wrong."

I suppose... but my opinion is that your opinion on the matter is stupid. Just saying.

I never said that Brassard is "better" than 14. I said that I would be more apt to pay him $5 million per at this point in his career than 14, mostly because of his age and upward potential, as opposed to 14, who's on the wrong side of 30 and has probably seen his best days (he's also smaller than Brassard). That's an opinion that is not subject to being "right" or "wrong."

There's one huge caveat, which potentially skews the equation: Brassard has had chronic shoulder issues since junior (he hurt that same shoulder again vs Habs these past playoffs), Plekanec's a guaranteed 70+ GP per season asset (knock-on-wood). Chronic injuries (shoulder, knees, back etc.) tend to deteriorate performance with age.

and his peak was much lower

not good news

Brassard should be compared to Eller more than Pleks :p

Back