• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The UFA/RFA Signing Thread

IMO Radar gets dealt sooner than later, and the acquiring team will be given the ability to sign him longterm, so the Avs position themselves to get a solid return, unlike waiting his UFA year & get squat.

totally agree and the Avs can acquire much needed blue line help and other depth pieces .

I don't think the Avs will drop that far, to be honest.

But yes, I would get ROR in a heartbeat. Makes Pleks expendable right away. + A future of Galchenyuk/ROR/Eller(or DD?) down the middle is very appealing to me.

I must be the only one not expecting Galchenyuk to be moved to center. Every seems to think it's an inevitability. I think the organization sees him as a winger.

Brassard & Pleks now both make the same. Would anyone take Brassard over Pleks?

I can't believe they gave him 5m/yr ..wowww about 1m a year too much, but then again, we are paying Eller 4.5m/yr avg for each of his FA years..so

I must be the only one not expecting Galchenyuk to be moved to center. Every seems to think it's an inevitability. I think the organization sees him as a winger.

I sure hope not. He's not the huge center we've all been waiting for, but shit, I'll take a regularly sized skilled center.

I'd trade Plek for Brassard but mostly because of the age difference. One is entering his prime while the other is leaving his prime.

Sure, considering their ages, I would trade Pleks for Brassard without even blinking.

But, if they were playing a game tomorrow, I'm not sure anyone in their right minds would take Brassard over Pleks for that one game, except maybe rouah & deandebean.

Sure, considering their ages, I would trade Pleks for Brassard without even blinking.

But, if they were playing a game tomorrow, I'm not sure anyone in their right minds would take Brassard over Pleks for that one game, except maybe rouah & deandebean.

When you're talking contract comparisons, the players' respective ages are one, if not the, most important comparables. Brassard by a lot here.

When you're talking contract comparisons, the players' respective ages are one, if not the, most important comparables. Brassard by a lot here.

No... not even close. First and foremost by a mile is player quality and value to the team. Age is definitely a consideration but as long as the guy doesn't look to be declining significantly during the course of the contract then age isn't a major consideration.

Pleks has been a significantly better player than Brassard for his entire career and he still is. The age difference is almost insignificant in a discussion about these two players and their contracts. At 26 years old Brassard's potential upside is very minimal. He is what he is at this point.

Back