• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The UFA/RFA Signing Thread

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Thought we should start one of these as the signing season is upon us as well.

Here is the RFA/UFA Dates:

Day after the Entry Draft (but not later than June 25) until June 30

Unrestricted Free Agents may meet and interview with potential new Clubs, but may not sign new SPCs until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period

Later of June 25 or Monday after Entry Draft

Deadline for Qualifying Offers, which are not open for acceptance prior to July 1 (5:00 p.m. New York time)

Later of June 26 or Tuesday after Entry Draft

Restricted Free Agents may make contact with Clubs (including their own) regarding potential interest, but may not sign new SPCs or Offer Sheets until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period

There are some tempting RFA's out there that I would offer sheet. You know you'll have to pay up for Subban anyway so who cares about retribution.

A few guys I'd target and what their salary was this season:

Ryan O'Reilly - $5M

Erik Gudbranson - $3.2M - this kid hits a ton. Would love to see him lined up with PK.

Brayden Schenn - $3.11M

Jamie McGinn - $1.75M

Anders Lee - $1.75M

Chris Kreider - $1.325M - Right a wrong and **** the Rangers.

Adam Larsson - $925K

10.4 Draft Choice Compensation for Restricted Free Agents. Any Club that is entitled to but does not exercise its Right of First Refusal pursuant to Section 10.3 shall be entitled to obtain Draft Choice Compensation from the New Club. The number and quality of draft choices due to the Prior Club shall be based on the average annual value of the compensation contained in the Principal Terms (as defined in Section 10.3(e) hereof) of the New Club's Offer Sheet (determined by dividing such compensation by the lesser of the number of years of the Offer Sheet or five), based on the following scale:

GROUP 2 COMPENSATION CHART OFFER SHEET COMPENSATION

$1,110,249 or below None

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 Third Round

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 Second Round

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 First Round and Third Round

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 First Round, Second Round, and Third Round

Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976 Two First Rounds, Second Round, and Third Round

Over $8,410,976 Four First Rounds

The dollar amounts set forth in the scale outlined above shall be increased on an annual basis at the same percentage rate of annual increase as the Average League Salary, with the first such increase occurring based upon a comparison of the 2014/15 Average League Salary to the 2013/14 Average League Salary. By way of example, if the Average League Salary for the 2014/15 League Year has increased by ten (10) percent from the Average League Salary for the 2013/14 League Year, then each of the dollar amounts stated in the table above shall be increased by ten (10) percent, and the basis for determining the number and quality of draft choices due to the Prior Club for the loss of a Restricted Free Agent signed after such date shall be adjusted accordingly. Clubs must use their own draft picks (being those awarded directly to the Club by the League for use by it in the Entry Draft, including such draft picks described in the first clause of this parenthetical that a Club has traded or encumbered, and subsequently reacquired or unencumbered).

Clubs cannot acquire picks to use as compensation (with the exception being a Club's own draft selections that are traded and then re-acquired).

Clubs owing one (1) draft selection must have it available in the next draft.

Clubs owing two (2) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft. 39 ARTICLE 10 10.4-10.4

Clubs owing three (3) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft.

Clubs owing two (2) draft selections in the same round, must have them available in the next three (3) drafts.

Clubs owing three (3) draft selections in the same round must have them available in the next four (4) drafts, and so on.

When a Club owes two (2) or more draft selections in the same round, the signing Club does not elect the years in which such selections shall be awarded to the Prior Club; rather, the selections next available will be transferred to the Prior Club (i.e., a Club that owes two (2) selections has them available in the next two (2) drafts – that is when they are transferred).

He's a total goofball though. He wouldn't get inserted much but yeah, as a nuclear deterrent, he would be interesting.

There are some tempting RFA's out there that I would offer sheet. You know you'll have to pay up for Subban anyway so who cares about retribution.

A few guys I'd target and what their salary was this season:

Ryan O'Reilly - $5M

Erik Gudbranson - $3.2M - this kid hits a ton. Would love to see him lined up with PK.

Brayden Schenn - $3.11M

Jamie McGinn - $1.75M

Anders Lee - $1.75M

Chris Kreider - $1.325M - Right a wrong and **** the Rangers.

Adam Larsson - $925K
:smilewinkgrin:

Well that late season midget callup by the Isles wasn't too intimidated - yeah that midget who KO'd him...

Anyone can land a lucky punch. Besides, I wouldn't have him fighting midgets. Just Chara and Lucic. Actually Lucic wanted no part of him last time I saw him play against Buffalo, but Lucic has always picked his spots. He's a phoney tough guy. He turtles whenever he ends up fighting someone who knows his business.

Anyone can land a lucky punch. Besides, I wouldn't have him fighting midgets. Just Chara and Lucic. Actually Lucic wanted no part of him last time I saw him play against Buffalo, but Lucic has always picked his spots. He's a phoney tough guy. He turtles whenever he ends up fighting someone who knows his business.

But the regular season doesn't matter. Only a Cup for the Habs, right? Scott would not dress in the playoffs, when there is no fighting. Correct me if I'm wrong?

No RFA's will switch teams. No sense in talking about it.

I don't know. History definitely indicates that your statement is true. However, with teams locking talent up long term and limited talent coming up UFA, I think there is a real possibility that RFA offers will soon increase.

A team close to the cap or with a tight budget just might get pinched.

It really is a weak free agent year, even amongst the RFA.

Elliotte Friedman mentioned yesterday on Team1040 that he has talked to a lot of GM's who say the UFA list is not very appetizing this year and many of them believe you will see more moves made before July1st than usual... even before draft day as well.

Back