• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason & Training Camp

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason

You would think all those smart scouts would have recognized the raw talent in Savard over Wickenheiser. It was almost evident the minute both stepped on the ice for the first time in an NHL arena.

I think Wickenheiser might have had a successful career had he been drafted by another team than Montreal.

You would think all those smart scouts would have recognized the raw talent in Savard over Wickenheiser. It was almost evident the minute both stepped on the ice for the first time in an NHL arena.

Two things:

Wick had skill; as Wazoo said, he didn't pan out

Size made hockey headlines even back then. Everyone wanted a replacement for 6'5 Peter Mahovolich who hit the road in 78.

According to Louis Jean, Patrice Brisebois has left the organization.

Well another open position

Can't say I'm disappointed, never really was a brisebois fan in any capacity

With so many defensive prospects and not just Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn... but also guys like Bennett, Dietz, Thrower, Ellis, Didier, Lernout, Koberstein, etc.... the roving coach in charge of visiting those D either in Hamilton or in Junior/College is an important one. Gotta replace Breezer now.

And we still haven't replaced Gallant.

So, some people here are happy Brisebois is gone and probably have no clue why because they don't know sh*t about his work with the organisation.

Seems like the good old days.

So, some people here are happy Brisebois is gone and probably have no clue why because they don't know sh*t about his work with the organisation.

Seems like the good old days.

Are you unhappy he is gone? By the way, they said he left for personal reasons. Is he sick?

MB runs a very tight tight ship, in case you haven't noticed.

Well you noticed wrong. MB allow far more freedom to his employee to speak with the media. This is not the Gauthier/Gainey Era where no one was allowed to speak to the media. I've never seen so many habs personel speaking to the media than since Bergevin came on board. You obviously didn't notice.

Well you noticed wrong. MB allow far more freedom to his employee to speak with the media. This is not the Gauthier/Gainey Era where no one was allowed to speak to the media. I've never seen so many habs personel speaking to the media than since Bergevin came on board. You obviously didn't notice.

Not as tight as the last regime but still very tight by NHL standards, so, no, I did not "notice wrong."

Back