• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason & Training Camp

Re: First Cuts: Scherbak to Juniors, 17 Players to the Bulldogs, 8 Players Released

Your site says,

"Eithg Players Released"

Should fix that ;)

Not sure how trading Moen would make space for Jacob de la Rose. Moen's the 13th/14th forward with Bournival.

13th forward should be for a vet who won't whine about sitting. de la Rose should be in Hamilton and probably for the whole season.

yeah if moen is the forward that we keep to sit in the press box 80% of the time i don't mind that. he is a vet, won't whine and he has no growth left in him to stunt.

Not sure how trading Moen would make space for Jacob de la Rose. Moen's the 13th/14th forward with Bournival.

13th forward should be for a vet who won't whine about sitting. de la Rose should be in Hamilton and probably for the whole season.

It would clear a roster spot...not saying JDR is a fourth liner but knowing Therrien he has no issues rotating players in and out of the lineup and I think JDR would benefit more from playing a 50-60 game season in the NHL than a full season in the AHL.

On top of that you know Tinordi went easy on that fight..he could have pounded that guy.

Re: First Cuts: Scherbak to Juniors, 17 Players to the Bulldogs, 8 Players Released

Nygren eh

will he even make the bulldogs?

It would clear a roster spot...not saying JDR is a fourth liner but knowing Therrien he has no issues rotating players in and out of the lineup and I think JDR would benefit more from playing a 50-60 game season in the NHL than a full season in the AHL.
Hes 19 years old.

Hes shown very little in camp. He hasnt been bad... but hes not knocking anyones socks off.

For me to keep a teenager and give him a year of nhl service (earlier unrestricted agency if he is on the roster dressed or scratched for 41 games) and burn a year off his elc (9 games played). He needs to knock my socks off. He isnt doing that.

He shouldnt be used on tge fourth either even when rotating in and out of the lineup.

Let him go to Hamilton and play 20 minutes a game including pp time. He could be like Patches where he needs that time as a go to scorer to develop his scoring instincts. Hes got the tools.

bulldogscamp.png

Back