• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason & Training Camp

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason

Outplayed your boy when it mattered most...

I like Eller, he just doesn't have great vision at center.

I also think that Desharnais played well in the playoffs even if he wasn't on the scoresheet that much.

Personally I though Pleks was a gonner this past off season.

Tinordi for Gelinas??? YES PLEASE.

Tinordi's upside is a bottom pairing d-man while Gelinas is in the making of being a #4. Seems like a logical upgrade to me.

Tinordi's upside is a bottom pairing d-man while Gelinas is in the making of being a #4. Seems like a logical upgrade to me.

?

Yeah I'd be very happy with that trade as well.

Has DD ever played a game on the wing as a member the Habs? Even during the first time he was called up, I don't remember him playing on the wing, he was always at center.

I would be really interested in seeing this:

MaxPac - Galchenyuk - DD
Sekac - Pleks - PAP
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Malhotra - Weise
Moen / Bournival

64 players were invited to the main camp starting September 18.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730611

_____

Goalies:
Peter Budaj
Michael Condon
Zach Fucale
Joey MacDonald
Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Defencemen:
Justin Baker
Nathan Beaulieu
Mac Bennett
Francis Bouillon
Joel Chouinard
Darren Dietz
Davis Drewiske
Morgan Ellis
Alexei Emelin
Joe Finley
Tom Gilbert
David Makowski
Andrei Markov
Magnus Nygren
Greg Pateryn
Bobby Shea
P.K. Subban
Dalton Thrower
Jarred Tinordi
Evan Wardley
Mike Weaver
Zach Yuen

Forwards:
Sven Andrighetto
Michael Bournival
Rene Bourque
Drayson Bowman
Tim Bozon
Riley Brace
Daniel Carr
Connor Crisp
Jacob de la Rose
David Desharnais
Jake Dowell
Gabriel Dumont
Tanner Eberle
Lars Eller
Stefan Fournier
Alex Galchenyuk
Brendan Gallagher
Sahir Gill
Jeremy Gregoire
T.J. Hensick
Patrick Holland
Charles Hudon
Manny Malhotra
Michael McCarron
Travis Moen
Stefano Momesso
Jack Nevins
Max Pacioretty
P-A Parenteau
Tomas Plekanec
Brandon Prust
Nikita Scherbak
Jiri Sekac
Nick Sorkin
Christian Thomas
Dale Weise

no way gallagher plays third line while 51 patrols the wing on the top line....makes no sense

Outplayed your boy when it mattered most...

Exactly , something is wrong when a third liner is your best forward in the playoffs . Thats why he was awarded with a 4 year deal . At some point roll the dice with 27-81 as your 1-2 down the middle .

Cant be worse than the 51-14 combo that cant produce when the playoffs come around. Team is going nowhere with those 2 as much as I like Pleks its the same wash rinse repeat at 32 and most likely will be dealt by the end of his term.

WeHave posted a rumor about Tinordi being on the trading block earlier in the thread.
DLC also goes on to state, that Gelinas would be unwilling to sign a longterm deal if he were ever dealt to Mtl, and would be looking to leave at the first opportunity, preferring to play in a "player friendly market out west" - with less pressure & media scrutiny.

This (supposedly) coming from what a 3rd year pro? Is that the type of player the Habs should be really after?

I don't even agree that Eller "outplayed" DD.

DD's line was always against the other team's shutdown d pair and often times the other team's shutdown line.

Eller's line was always against the second/third d pair and the other team's second or third line. No duh he looks better. There's a big drop-off from the McDonagh - Girardi pairing and the Moore - Klein pairing.

If Galchenyuk excels at center during camp, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to trade one of Eller/DD/Pleks, although I'd be more inclined to trade DD or Eller than Pleks.

DLC also goes on to state, that Gelinas would be unwilling to sign a longterm deal if he were ever dealt to Mtl, and would be looking to leave at the first opportunity, preferring to play in a "player friendly market out west" - with less pressure & media scrutiny.

This (supposedly) coming from what a 3rd year pro? Is that the type of player the Habs should be really after?

I don't believe that for a second.

And just for arguement's sake he doesn't wanna sign here longterm... He's an RFA. Only way you'd lose him for nothing is if you don't qualify him or keep giving him short term deals until he hits UFA status. If he has a really good year, worst that happens is that we trade him out west like he wants and maximize the value of the asset.

The top line played like shit most nights , with top minutes and pp time and the they couldnt get it going . Bottom line they were ineffective and with the exception of BG , the top 6 was outplayed by Bourque , Eller , Weiss and shit even Briere who barley saw the ice and put decent numbers . This was their time to shine , you had TB with a wounded Stamkos and a crappy backup goalie , Boston`s top guns did shit , and the Rangers were there to be had . Our depth guys by far were the unsung heros with the exception of PK and BG . Even # 27 with 5 games showed more will to compete on one leg .
They will have to make deal sooner or later as # 27 takes the 1C spot.

Nice to see Nygren on that list. I know he hated Hamilton but the guy has big time offensive skills from the blueline.

Back