• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Sabres sign Moulson, Meszaros, Gionta and McCormick, pick up Gorges

TestSubjekt

SABRES ACQUIRE GORGES for a 2nd round pick in 2016. Oddly he came to the realization he was going to be traded and added the Sabres to the list of teams he would go to quite recently.

GIONTA SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT. Former Habs captain. It wouldn't surprise me to see him named the captain of the Sabres.

McCORMICK RETURNS TO BUFFALO & MOULSON SIGNS MULTI-YEAR DEAL. Surprising returns! I'm glad they enjoyed their time with the Sabres previously.

MESZAROS JOINS THE SABRES. Well...they kind of overpaid but they had to reach the salary floor, plus it's a one year deal. So he could be moved to a team in contention at the deadline for picks. Gotta love those picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm actually excited about Moulson being back he was a great fit here last year and he did thrive under Nolan! there's one more person who i would love to see back in blue and gold, i won't say his name because i don't want to jinx it!

Sabres got better yesterday, especially in the leadership department getting two of the Habs' top guys. Still not good enough for the playoffs IMO but definitely will compete more.

I really like the moves the Sabres made. Not sure if it takes them out of the lower 1/3 of the league but they brought in good leadership/team guys. The young guys can learn a lot in the next couple years.

I am a little late here.... I am happy with these moves. I agree that they will compete better but probably won't be a playoff team. Learn, grow, develop.

I really like the moves the Sabres made. Not sure if it takes them out of the lower 1/3 of the league but they brought in good leadership/team guys. The young guys can learn a lot in the next couple years.
:smile(21):

Back