• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2014 - 2015 NHL Season

I like Eller but calling him clutch because of one playoff year in which he and Bourque got unsustainable shooting % is a bit much.

Not if he keeps repeating that a few more years I will have to agree, but not after one single year.

The biggest edge I can see about dealing Eller now is that we don't need a centre in return. We have 3 guys that can play the middle, so if we can get that big winger that we've looked for, I would rather do a deal like that. I mean, I won't refuse a centre, but I'd rather a good 2nd line wing than another 3rd line C for this team.

Common man....don't compare him to Bourque

Eller contributes during the regular season, granted some have higher expectations but fact is that for a third line center is Eller really doing that bad?

I wouldn't say he's doing great but he has a role and in the end he'll get 15 goals and some 30 points playing with different wingers every week and no PP time.

im not saying I wouldn't trade him but I have no issues with Eller

Unless you get a legit top 4d or top 6 winger with term or a player who can be signed why the hell would you want to move one of the few players built for a playoff run. I don't care too much about those analytics in Eller's favour mentioned . All I see is a big body who produced in the playoffs , brings nice traits in the top 9 and compared to the underachieving softies on this roster he is a nice fit.

Eller is one of our bigger forwards and is great along the wall. Trading him makes zero sense.

If we could bet back a guy like van Riemsdyk, a big winger who can score, I'd definitely trade Eller. No point in doing a lateral move, but if we can get either that big winger, or someone who's clearly better (ie. Eller + mid-level prospect + pick for O'Reilly), then he's one of the guys who probably still has decent value but is not essential to our lineup.

Eller is one of our bigger forwards and is great along the wall. Trading him makes zero sense.

Sure, if you're trading him for picks/prospects, but my bullshit speculation is purely about that report that Bergevin is willing to trade Emelin & Eller for pieces that fit our needs.

Filling the need of a big RWer that scores is James van Riemsdyk and filling the need of a top-4 right shooting d-man is James Wisniewski. Both are signed for a few more years. Toronto needs d-men badly, I'd try to get them to take Emelin + picks. Columbus's GM, Jarmo Kekkalainen, is the guy who drafted Eller when he worked with St. Louis. I'd try to get them to take Eller for Wisniewski.

MaxPac-Pleks-JVR
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-DD-PAP
Bournival-Malhotra-Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Wisniewski
Tinordi-Gonchar
Gilbert
Weaver

I don't expect either to happen, but bullshiting and speculating is fun.

Last edited:
1) I doubt Emelin waives to go to Toronto. Buffalo maybe.
2) Wisniewski has never been able to shake the injury bug.

For me, I'd go after Vermette and Yandle.

Yandle won't come cheap...he's a top pairing guy and if he's availabke you can bet most playoff bound teams will inquire

If we could bet back a guy like van Riemsdyk, a big winger who can score, I'd definitely trade Eller. No point in doing a lateral move, but if we can get either that big winger, or someone who's clearly better (ie. Eller + mid-level prospect + pick for O'Reilly), then he's one of the guys who probably still has decent value but is not essential to our lineup.

That's way too much. Take a look at RORs stats.

Sure, if you're trading him for picks/prospects, but my bullshit speculation is purely about that report that Bergevin is willing to trade Emelin & Eller for pieces that fit our needs.

Filling the need of a big RWer that scores is James van Riemsdyk and filling the need of a top-4 right shooting d-man is James Wisniewski. Both are signed for a few more years. Toronto needs d-men badly, I'd try to get them to take Emelin + picks. Columbus's GM, Jarmo Kekkalainen, is the guy who drafted Eller when he worked with St. Louis. I'd try to get them to take Eller for Wisniewski.

MaxPac-Pleks-JVR
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-DD-PAP
Bournival-Malhotra-Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Wisniewski
Tinordi-Gonchar
Gilbert
Weaver

I don't expect either to happen, but bullshiting and speculating is fun.

Prust on the 2nd? Ouch..

How was he lucky...did you watch the games?

He earned everything he got in the playoffs, the guy went in traffic, took pucks to the net, skated hard....he played playoff hockey.

He wasn't floating around and getting lucky.
On ice shooting percentage over 20% is lucky.

As I posted in another thread:

CORSI % for our d-pairings:

P.K. Subban & Andrei Markov : 52.2%
Sergei Gonchar & Nathan Beaulieu : 46.5%
Alexei Emelin & Tom Gilbert : 40.8%

On ice shooting percentage over 20% is lucky.

You're just zeroing in on one stat to determine that what Eller did last playoffs was luck.

there was a lot more to Eller's success in the playoffs than luck....he actually worked hard and played pretty intense hockey.

i can understand some posters not liking Eller but at least be fair and say that Eller earned what he got last playoff by playing well.

Back