• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2014 - 2015 NHL Season

Like him or not( and i wasn't his big fan when he was a Habs) Ribeiro is 0.76 point per match a player in his career and other than last , he always had decent season since he left Habs . This year again at 1M$ /yr he is one of the best Preds forwards 22 points in 26 games so far .

Mike Ribeiro? So the Habs holy trinity of Bergevin, Dudley & Mellanby who place prime importance on character, will suddenly go after a player who's the embodiement of a lack of character...not a chance.

Other than his poor year and personal difficulties in Phoenix last year, there has been little criticism of Ribiero over the years since leaving Montreal. He's had longevity,give him that. Getting rid of Ribiero left us trading for Gomez, and cost us Mcdonough as well. Brilliant,Bob.

Mike Ribeiro? So the Habs holy trinity of Bergevin, Dudley & Mellanby who place prime importance on character, will suddenly go after a player who's the embodiement of a lack of character...not a chance.

Character combined with talent win you matches .Not just character ,when you find a great combination of both who is available let me know . Rib at 1 M$ >>> DD or even Plekanec base on points and production . He won't be a star as he used to be 10 years a go so i don't see any issue having him with cheap price . The guy average 0.75 point /match and he still will be most skilled center in this team( until chukcy prove he is no1) ,Yes is sad to say but is true .Shows how we suck down the middle ..

Last edited:
Other than his poor year and personal difficulties in Phoenix last year, there has been little criticism of Ribiero over the years since leaving Montreal. He's had longevity,give him that. Getting rid of Ribiero left us trading for Gomez, and cost us Mcdonough as well. Brilliant,Bob.

After a good year in Washington, the Caps refused to make an offer to Ribeiro - he signed the lucrative deal in Phoenix. Before dealing him to the Caps, Dallas had been trying to deal him for a couple of yrs with no takers. This is not a player GMs apparently jump over each other to acquire, even though he's got good career offensive numbers, there must be a reason for that, since everyone's looking for offensive talent....

Rib since 2003-2004 is 0.83 point/game player . This is some crazy numbers .This is stats for elite players in league . As i said i never liked Rib and i would never thought i bring his name up after 10 years he left Habs but is not like our Centers are better than him . Stats doesn't lie !!!

Character combined with talent win you matches .Not just character ,when you find a great combination of both who is available let me know . Rib at 1 M$ >>> DD or even Plekanec base on points and production . He won't be a star as he used to be 10 years a go so i don't see any issue having him with cheep price . The guy average 0.75 point /match and he still will be most skilled center in this team( until chukcy prove he is no1) ,Yes is sad to say but is true .Shows how we suck down the middle ..

Does Ribeiro strike anyone as a player with character + talent? Any player who come out and publicly states, maybe I'll try working out sicne I've never done it before is not really the type of guy u want to go to war with.

This teams has enought issues to deal with, they don't need a guy with the high maintenance baggage he has around their younger players.

Does Ribeiro strike anyone as a player with character + talent? Any player who come out and publicly states, maybe I'll try working out sicne I've never done it before is not really the type of guy u want to go to war with.

Dude i rather have someone who has TALENT than character . If you have combination of both of course you are 8-9 M player like Toews .But if i have to chose between two i go with talent , Talent win you games. Maradona was most a$$hole player but didn't stop him become best player of all time . He had terrible attitude. No1 give a damn when you perform . Performance count and as i said the guy(Ribs) averaged 0.82 points/game in last 10 years . Plus he is coming with a cheap price .

After a good year in Washington, the Caps refused to make an offer to Ribeiro - he signed the lucrative deal in Phoenix. Before dealing him to the Caps, Dallas had been trying to deal him for a couple of yrs with no takers. This is not a player GMs apparently jump over each other to acquire, even though he's got good career offensive numbers, there must be a reason for that, since everyone's looking for offensive talent....

That's where I raise red flags also....the guy has good productive years in three cities but despite that those three teams didn't want to keep him.

On top of that, he signed in Nashville for practically the league minimum, no one was interested.

Ribs is a stopgap pivot, not a core player. That's why he's one of those players who bounces around.

Ribs is too Hari Krishna

photo.php

That's where I raise red flags also....the guy has good productive years in three cities but despite that those three teams didn't want to keep him.

On top of that, he signed in Nashville for practically the league minimum, no one was interested.

Phoenix bought him out last year and their GMs stated that he needed to work on his issues. There was a good interview by Brunet with Ribeiro about two months ago.

Super talented guy by never had the professionalism to go with it. He could have been an HOF had he worked for it.

Phoenix bought him out last year and their GMs stated that he needed to work on his issues. There was a good interview by Brunet with Ribeiro about two months ago.

Super talented guy by never had the professionalism to go with it. He could have been an HOF had he worked for it.

I immediately thought of Percy Harvin, who admittedly is a lot more volatile than Ribs, but has tons of issues that get in the way.

Back