• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2014 - 2015 NHL Season

In fairness his defensive zone starts and level of competition are both high.

That said, his advanced stats are average when you factor that in... not amazing as berkshire claims.

mentioned that earlier

Yeah, I want one of the best teams in the league. 45 is on the high side but I'll settle for 40.

Also, your stats are good but because players get hurt, one should look at PPG stats.

No team had 7 forwards get 45 points though... so even the best in the league aren't doing that.

ducks had 3 centres at 40+

bruins as well i think

avs might have had 3 centres at 60+ (not sure if they all played centre the whole reason though)

Berkshire and Rice were all over twitter whining that Eller is being treated unfairly while Therrien's favourites are played constantly. I told Rice Eller was crap all night and took another stupid penalty. His response, all the penalties were bad so why single him out. I responded that he has been crap all year.

Those two just love Eller because he allegedly has good fancy stat numbers.

Eller could be so much more than he is, but I think he just doesn't give a crap. He is like Leblanc in that way, pretty good skill, just no work ethic.

I actually think that it's the opposite of that. His skillset, while not poor, isn't the greatest and he's just not an overly smart hockey player. I think he has a tremendous work-ethic, though.

What I find funny about people complaining that Eller got benched after a stupid penalty and not DD are the very same people who were throwing fits when Subban was getting benched last year.

Eller is not a game changer, no matter how you cut it. He's a complimentary player.

DD is (for better or for worst) the team's first line center. Bench DD and your basically crippling your first line. That's a recipe for disaster. Benching your third line center? Not a recipe for disaster.

DD (and Subban) could take ten bad penalties, I don't bench them as long as they're producing and/or having an overall impact on the games. If the production/impact stops and they're still taking bad penalties? Then yeah, I start sitting them.

DD (and Subban) could take ten bad penalties, I don't bench them as long as they're producing and/or having an overall impact on the games. If the production/impact stops and they're still taking bad penalties? Then yeah, I start sitting them.

Yep. It's only "unfair" if Eller starts producing at the same rate. But, he won't.

What I find funny about people complaining that Eller got benched after a stupid penalty and not DD are the very same people who were throwing fits when Subban was getting benched last year.

Eller is not a game changer, no matter how you cut it. He's a complimentary player.

DD is (for better or for worst) the team's first line center. Bench DD and your basically crippling your first line. That's a recipe for disaster. Benching your third line center? Not a recipe for disaster.

you cant cripple your first line when your top pivot has 1 goal and has played average in 10 games , you cripple your first line when you lose Sid or JT not the midget .

you cant cripple your first line when your top pivot has 1 goal and has played average in 10 games , you cripple your first line when you lose Sid or JT not the midget .

Let's say you bench DD. Okay. Who replaces him? Pleks? Sorry, but Pleks' line is the best on the Canadiens right now and there's no guarantee there's chemistry with MaxPac. You're robbing Peter to hopefully pay Paul. I don't touch it. Eller? Guy is an offensive black hole. Every player who was on his wing last season was significantly better when they were moved off. No thanks. Galchenyuk? I would be okay with that, but the coaches don't even seem to be interested in playing him at center over Eller, so I doubt he'd be put as the team's #1 right away. And even if he was, you're now creating a huge hole on Pleks' line with nobody able to replace him.

Let's say you bench DD. Okay. Who replaces him? Pleks? Sorry, but Pleks' line is the best on the Canadiens right now and there's no guarantee there's chemistry with MaxPac. You're robbing Peter to hopefully pay Paul. I don't touch it. Eller? Guy is an offensive black hole. Every player who was on his wing last season was significantly better when they were moved off. No thanks. Galchenyuk? I would be okay with that, but the coaches don't even seem to be interested in playing him at center over Eller, so I doubt he'd be put as the team's #1 right away. And even if he was, you're now creating a huge hole on Pleks' line with nobody able to replace him.

I chuckled a little at that line because last year we had period where no one could work with Plekanec.

I doubt Eller finishes the season with Montreal. His progress level seems to have stalled and I think Montreal has babied him somewhat since his arrival because of how much debate there was about the Halak trade. He is not a useless player, just not turning into a more dynamic one that some thought he could be, me included.

I am sure an Eller, Beaulieu, Emelin and of course... Moen... can fetch us a superstar forward.

DD continues to make passes that are just sublime. Last night I counted at least 3 that probably nobody else on the team could make. If he keeps fighting for the puck and gets those passes off every game, I am not complaining about his game.

I disagree. In our case you actually improve the first line when you sit the midget.

DD continues to make passes that are just sublime. Last night I counted at least 3 that probably nobody else on the team could make. If he keeps fighting for the puck and gets those passes off every game, I am not complaining about his game.

Not complaining about his game either...rather, his size.

Besides Price and Subban what really is ideal on this team? Emelin is not an ideal top 4 Dman. Pacs is not physical enough to be a true power forward. The third line is not ideally consistent....etc etc

Back