• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2014 - 2015 NHL Season

But I wouldn't trade Gallagher for him. Plus, I don't think we match up well with the Blues as trading partners. Hitch does not like small forwards.

Me neither, but it would be nice to have 11 and a bigger version of him in the same lineup...

The Bruins would NEVER trade him to the Habs but something like Gallagher and NB might suffice.

Habs have won 5 straight since NB dethroned Emelin in the top 4....and he's only 22. Nathan's ceiling might be higher than PK.....ok, I'm on my 3rd glass of Solaia

I doubt that the B's deal him inside the conference let alone to Montreal!

I don't know if he has a no trade clause, but would be funny to set up a 3 way deal unbeknownst to the B's that lands him in Montreal.

Like Josh Georges saying NO to Toronto, Lucic would not want to come to Montreal...the rivalry/hatred is that strong...

I'm trying to imagine what his reception would be in the Habs' locker room after the trade. That would be awkward.

Oshie is a bigger, more skilled, version of Gallagher.

On paper he's 2 inches and 10 pounds heavier. Oshie is 28 and has only put up between 40-60 points a few times. Gallagher will put up a season or two 40-60 points.

They're essentially the same player, but Gally is tougher and younger.

While they maybe worse that even I expected I am not too surprised by the Bruins position right now. The Chara injury hurt them but I had them quite far back of the Habs and Lightning when the season started. Our playoff series win against them was the start of their downfall along with father time for Chara.

They could be in rebuild mode for awhile.

The ones I work with all said Seguin had to go for team chemistry purposes - Bruins fans aren't all that upset over losing a stud player, the way Habs fans would be (re: McDonagh). I get the feeling they are more upset over losing Thornton or rather some of the umph the team had....

You have to look at the entire optics of this deal . Tyler was a lazy immature player who simply didnt play the Bruin way . He couldnt play RW and with Krejci and Bergeron the 1-2 , its either you have the stones to deal one of them and keep Seggy or find a home. The problem is the Bruins were built to win now , not 4 years from now , thats what fooked it all up .

Calgary offered Monahan or the # 6 pick and others most likely offered future type deals , or some deals to take on some bad salary vets. LE was a proven top 6 who produced well and the B`S figured if he played to his level plus Smith is a capable 20-25 goal scorer , its added depth and if Morrow can be a reliable d man we can live with it .

Tyler was never going to produce at that level in Boston in that structured 4 line D system . In Dallas no one gives a shit about hockey , he plays major minutes , most pp minutes , and doesnt have to worry about playing D and if they make the playoffs thats nice but in the end , no one gives a shit , so his numbers will be skewed .

Not defending or hating the deal cause the Bruins can GFT for all I care but it would of been great to be a fly on the wall to hear what other teams offered . Peter should of acquired the 10th pick Nichuskin in that deal as well, but Tyler had to go , just like Ribs had to for us years ago.

Your still missing the point.

The cost for Perron wasn't DD.... and I never said it was.

The cost for Perron was a 2015 First Round Pick + a prospect (Klinkhammer).

Perron is similar to DD.... are you giving up a first round pick to get another player who is similar to this?

As for what that line will do in the playoffs, they are doing okay right now. This idea that hockey is so much different that small players cant succeed in the playoffs is a myth, just look at Briere over his career (yes he's washed up now, but he produced in his prime). Look at Koivu's playoffs. Look at Bure. Look at St. Louis. Their PPG from regular season to playoffs doesn't change much.

The idea that big players do better in playoffs is a myth.

Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Justin Williams, Dustin Brown and the LA Kings... they are a damn good team in both the regular season and the playoffs.... its not the size... its the team is good.

Don't know if anyone notice, but a smaller Habs team than we have right now beat the Bruins in the playoffs last year.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the Blackhawks were the second smallest team in the NHL in 2013 and won the cup.

Teams that succeed in the playoffs are the same teams that succeed in the regular season. This built for the playoffs stuff is myth.

Patrick Kane doesn't fit the mould of "built for the playoffs" when we look at what the narratives til us to look for, yet he succeeds. The San Jose Sharks are a huge, physical team, yet they fail every year.

It goes on and on.

first of all DD cant be compared to those " small stars " you mentioned above . Bure is a HOF and St. Louis is among the best smaller players of all time. All those players were legit top line players at one point , 51 will never be in their class.

Secondly there was a bidding for Perron and we were part of it , Pitt got a big legit top 6 who can score and is only 26 . There is no bidding for 51`s services heading to the playoffs , and we all would gladly take a # 1 from Pittsburgh in this loaded draft.

Chiarelli's biggest mistake wasn't trading Tyler Seguin. His biggest mistake was trading Tyler Seguin and not getting Jamie Benn in return.

But yeah, Boston's drafting has been terrible since Chiarelli's been there. They hit the lottery with a one in a million type of player with Lucic and got a gem in Marchand, whose games has completely evolved & improved tenfolds because I never ever thought would come close to making it. His second biggest mistake was holding on to players too long. Chara and/or Kelly should have been traded over the course of the summer to acquire picks/prospects.

Back