• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2014 - 2015 NHL Season

What kind of production do you think most teams get out of their #2 C?

I highly doubt teams are lining up to attain the the services of a tiny and relatively average skating 40 point pivot. Furthermore, if DD played with 2nd line talent his production would probably drop as well.

I highly doubt teams are lining up to attain the the services of a tiny and relatively average skating 40 point pivot. Furthermore, if DD played with 2nd line talent his production would probably drop as well.

40 point? Sorry.... I mistook this for an honest discussion.

Carry on.

Well then maybe we could trade him for other 40ish point players like:

Kopitar
Lucic
Perron
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Backes
E.Kane
Stastny

Well then maybe we could trade him for other 40ish point players like:

Kopitar
Lucic
Perron
Landeskog
O'Reilly
Backes
E.Kane
Stastny

Seems like DD can do no wrong in your eyes. Last year he was on pace for a 5 point season after the 1st 20 games, so this year is an improvement is that it?

We need to root for DD to succeed because he's not going anywhere with the contract he's got.

Then again, if Bourque could be traded, anything is possible.

Seems like DD can do no wrong in your eyes. Last year he was on pace for a 5 point season after the 1st 20 games, so this year is an improvement is that it?
No wrong? I'm nit claiming he's a superstar. I'm saying he's a 50-60 centre which puts him very comfortably in the good 2nd line centre group.

You and a few others think he can do no right.

As for the Oilers, this rumour proves beyond a doubt that the front office has lost the plot. Yes they need a major trade and their most attractive assets are at forward. But they need credible defencemen in the worst way, not more forwards. If they can't see the need for better defence after what Chicago did to them last night then there's no hope for them.

That entire coaching staff and front office needs to go.

There's no team trading away top 2 dmen in the league, they're the hardest commdity to come by.

But if there's one team that can have interesting enough assets to get a top flight dman its Edm if they're willing to mive Yakupov, Nuggent-Hopkins or even Eberle

No wrong? I'm nit claiming he's a superstar. I'm saying he's a 50-60 centre which puts him very comfortably in the good 2nd line centre group.

You and a few others think he can do no right.

You think he'd be a 50-60 point pivot with 2nd line wingers and a lot less PP time?

I think so.

He was on pace to put up 40 points as a 3rd/4th line center his first season here.

Back