• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Dynasty Hockey Discussion

the problem still remains fantrax is pretty inconsistent with who they do and don't reward dual eligibility to, they like to list a lot of the young guys as centers even if they are wingers and often take forever to make correct changes on either front. adapting the system to simply account for forwards as dual eligible while only awarding the center specific points to the guys playing there solves it. really leafmans suggestion was spot on

oh and no idea where else to post this i think its a bout time for axl to do away with the previous position overrides. it was only for a handful of mostly insignificant players but still

I really think this "issue" is overblown, and barely an issue at all, really.

As for previous overrides, I thought I had reversed those already. I'll look into it.

What if someone is injured? Can we go above 50 in offseason? Else will have issues right off the bat when the season starts.

Yeah if they are on the IR they do not count toward the 50... but as BG says, there's no IR in the off season.

Well in the NHL you can put players on the IR and call up other players. Their salary doesn't count while they're injured. So in essence... yes.

NHL teams can never go above 50 contracts. Injuries or not.

IR just effects the pro roster/cap.

But for our intent at team can go over their roster limit when they have a guy on the IR.

We also have more "bench" players than an NHL team is allowed.

NHL teams can never go above 50 contracts. Injuries or not.

IR just effects the pro roster/cap.

But players we drafted wouldn't be under contract. We don't have 50 nhl contract guys on our rosters. We play with less due to our minors system.

Brought this up before. Wanted 5 more spots, as two draft classes would normally not be signed onto nhl contracts until a year or two after drafting (aside from top prospects). Or teams have them sitting in Europe or in te USA for more years not having to include them while they develop.

People are going to start running into issues of letting go of good prospects because our minors can't hold them all. Making 3rd/4th picks less useful. Drafting a goalie sucks, knowing its likely 5-8 years until they might make it to the nhl to play on your roster.

Last edited:
If it wasn't already said:

Big thanks to JCY and AXL for running another excellent draft.

Made a change to the Fantrax settings accidentally on Sunday that messed with the scoring. The league has been reset back to Sunday morning, so league scoring should now be correct. If anyone made any lineup changes Sunday that aren't currently implemented, let me know. Or if you notice any other issues.

We also had an issue with Soco's illegal roster in Week 3, due to having 7 active defencemen. I have now made that week's roster legal (this can be reversed if need be). However, we should remove the points provided by the additional d-man (this has not yet been done). One solution would be to subtract Hedman's points, since he went on the IR. Or we could use the average score compiled by the 7 guys.

I should have Duclair in my lineup, removing Jooris. Briere should be set as C. I added Darling originally on Monday morning...he should be active for me this week.

Last edited:
86ers should have:

- Lecavalier on the IR
- drop Penner
- add Regher (active D)
- add Nate Thompson (active C)
- change Jeff Carter to active W
- Jeff Petry to reserve
- Darren Helm to reserve

..changes were all made for this line-up period (Oct 27-Nov 2)

yeah my roster moves got messed up as well

Havlat to IR
Percy to minors
Smith from minors to reserve
added McQuaid and Clitsome as free agents
Ericsson to reserve
Clitsome and Greene to active

Pretty sure we had Brad Richardson for Sidney Crosby and Thomas Greiss for Carey Price. Can you fix that please commish. Thanks.

I've adjusted the rosters for everyone who provided me with their changes. For HP, I also added Tavares, Getzlaf, Giroux, Seguin and McDavid.

Everyone, please doublecheck your Week 4 roster to make sure everything is correct.

If anyone else made any changes that are not reflected in Fantrax for the current scoring period (Week 4), please let me know ASAP.

I've adjusted the rosters for everyone who provided me with their changes. For HP, I also added Tavares, Getzlaf, Giroux, Seguin and McDavid.

Everyone, please doublecheck your Week 4 roster to make sure everything is correct.

If anyone else made any changes that are not reflected in Fantrax for the current scoring period (Week 4), please let me know ASAP.

I think that's fair compensation for the **** up.

Back