• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Dynasty Hockey Discussion

Re: 2014-15 Dynasty Draft Discussion

Everyone is always happy afterwards.

Be more interesting starting to look back at 2 or 3 years ago to see who won the drafts. Just not as educated as others to do that.

That's a really good idea. You're right, most people are happy right after the draft.

Definitely true. I am pretty happy with how it turned out as well.

1. Kevin Fiala
2. David Pastrnak
3. Marcus Pettersson
4. David Clarkson (added from Blueman)

Lost: Derek Roy (to Leafman)

Be more interesting starting to look back at 2 or 3 years ago to see who won the drafts.

Yeah, got me thinking:

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....l-Entry-Draft-trujay-OTC-(Gil93-overdue-pick)

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....e-Dynasty-League-Entry-Draft-(DRAFT-COMPLETE)

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....-Dynasty-League-Entry-Draft-(Draft-Completed)

M.e

1-9: Dougie Hamilton
2-4: Ty Rattie
3-2: Shane Prince

No Selections

2-18: Arturri Lehkonen
4-18: Paul Martin

2-20: Michal Neuvirth
4-19: Lukas Wallmark

A heads-up that a couple of teams have roster violations right now, JCY is 2 players over the maximum, and Timmay (Gaustad) and Mindz (Filppula) have a guy at a position they're no longer eligible for.

A heads-up that a couple of teams have roster violations right now, JCY is 2 players over the maximum, and Timmay (Gaustad) and Mindz (Filppula) have a guy at a position they're no longer eligible for.

Fantrax has a really bad habit of dicking about with positional alignment in the off season, only to revert back to giving said player dual eligibility again in training camp. Filppula, for example, plays on the wing for TBay's PP unit and will almost definitely be given dual eligibility again.

It's ****ing aggravating though.

I've got a couple of prospects who are listed in incorrect positions actually. Sissons was drafted as a RW'er, for instance, and is listed as a RW'er on hockeydb and Elite Prospects. He took face-offs at the NHL level because of his ability to be a dual-position guy, but what makes him different than a guy like Zetterberg who is listed at both?

I think we should have the ability to play guys in alternative positions, or other positions if Fantrax has incorrectly listed them at a certain spot if that's possible.

I've got a couple of prospects who are listed in incorrect positions actually. Sissons was drafted as a RW'er, for instance, and is listed as a RW'er on hockeydb and Elite Prospects. He took face-offs at the NHL level because of his ability to be a dual-position guy, but what makes him different than a guy like Zetterberg who is listed at both?

I think we should have the ability to play guys in alternative positions, or other positions if Fantrax has incorrectly listed them at a certain spot if that's possible.

I'm pretty sure that the Commish has over ride power, and it's been used before to fix fairly obvious ones.

I'm pretty sure that the Commish has over ride power, and it's been used before to fix fairly obvious ones.

Problem is that it creates more work and taking everyone's word that the player is playing said position. Hell Filppula took 1323 faceoffs last year. Hard not to consider him a centre.

Problem is that it creates more work and taking everyone's word that the player is playing said position.

It's not hard to ask that proof be required.

Hell Filppula took 1323 faceoffs last year. Hard not to consider him a centre.

Spent most of his career on the wing, and portions of last season including special teams. Filppula last season was used much the same way as Malkin is used every year by Pittsburgh. 2C, but sometimes 1W, sometimes wing on the PP, etc, etc. Using faceoffs as a measurement for who is and isn't a centre is a bit narrow.

It's not hard to ask that proof be required.

Spent most of his career on the wing, and portions of last season including special teams. Filppula last season was used much the same way as Malkin is used every year by Pittsburgh. 2C, but sometimes 1W, sometimes wing on the PP, etc, etc. Using faceoffs as a measurement for who is and isn't a centre is a bit narrow.

Malkin took 621 faceoffs... and I'm not sure he really should have W status. I watch a lot of Penguins hockey and he plays centre. Kesler has W status and he took 1406 faceoffs, that doesn't seem right.

I know I'm in the minority but I think it would make everything a lot easier to go with 12 forwards and 6 dmen.

Malkin took 621 faceoffs... and I'm not sure he really should have W status. I watch a lot of Penguins hockey and he plays centre. Kesler has W status and he took 1406 faceoffs, that doesn't seem right.

I know I'm in the minority but I think it would make everything a lot easier to go with 12 forwards and 6 dmen.

I'd support that. Wingers have far too much value in this league as things stand.

+1

In real life a centre is more valuable than a winger, should hold true in our league as well or at least make them equal.

This is honestly the crux of it too. Also, it seems like Fantrax lists far fewer players as wingers than they do as centres for some reason, when the inverse should be true (there are two wingers to one centre on each line for instance).

Actually...I'm entirely cool with this as long as the scoring formula for forwards doesn't change. A forward...any forward who is good at faceoffs is an asset to his club for that reason. There are a lot of wingers who are good faceoff men and take a fair amount of key draws for their club.

Back