• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Dynasty Hockey Discussion

Changes:
Killorn to IR
Zuccarello from reserve to W
Robidas from reserve to D
Nikitin from D to reserve
Elias from W to C
Mark Arcobello to farm
Stalock from farm to G
Crawford to reserve
Nyquist from W to C

Updated, check Fantrax to make sure it's now set up correctly for Week 4. But that leaves you with 7 W. Was there 1 additional move you had made?

It was brought to my attention several days ago that Kritter only has 5 active d-men listed for both this upcoming week, and the previous scoring period. I sent a pm, but have not received a reply and the roster has not yet been fixed. Is making a roster adjustment something that people find particularly difficult?

What should we do in these situations? Should I activate a d-man for him in this case? Should I add an active d-man to last week's roster as well? I have zero interest in modifying people's rosters, but all teams are required to field a full roster of active players.

he also has 0.9 Muzzin on the bench

I understand the neglect that comes with being dead last, but one has to make an effort to play a full lineup and the top guys

My suggestion would be to add Muzzin to whatever totals his 6th D would have been.

Didn't we discuss this in the off season and it was proposed that for the lottery we would simply normalize everyone's stats to avoid shit like this having any benefit? It's a good way of negating "goalie tanking" as well, by not even coming close to hitting your 90 goalie games because you only have 2 backups (which I'm cool with, there's no sense in a shit team spending assets to get goalies...but they shouldn't benefit from this either)

Fpg and not total fpoints is a better indicator of roster quality, then we don't have to worry about the micromanaging as much, only having to step in the odd time, like in the case of a .9 defender sitting when there is an open roster spot available for him.

Can I suggest though, in the future, that we keep the specific roster issues (such as Muzzin being on the bench when he obviously shouldn't be) to PM, we've had a bunch of needless fights over shit like that in the past and it's a poor way to approach resolving the underlying issues.

No sweat, I just don't see how it would help Axl deal with that owner if we're splashing it publicly. Axl has been pretty even handed as commish, when he has concerns sent his way they typically get handled in reasonable amount of time.

If we do implement some sort of normalization policy for the draft lottery rankings (which I though we did this past off season....), it takes away the necessity of Axl having to fix roster issues on his own. They should still warrant a quick PM and warning about potential illegal rosters and such, but it at least makes the concept of tanking a bit more above board, a bit easier to police.

It is true we decided to "top up" point totals at the end of the season for teams that fall below the minimum GP threshold, so I guess it isn't a huge deal either way. It just really frustrates me when a pm is sent days before the new week starts, and still nothing is done. It's kind of ridiculous for something that takes 5 seconds to fix, in a league where you only have to modify the roster once a week to begin with.

I suppose we could set illegal rosters to flag it when teams have below the minimum # of active players, but the illegal roster thing causes as many problems as it resolves.

he also has 0.9 Muzzin on the bench

I understand the neglect that comes with being dead last, but one has to make an effort to play a full lineup and the top guys

My suggestion would be to add Muzzin to whatever totals his 6th D would have been.
You have Merrill (on IR since Thursday) in your lineup, so the battle of the tankers evens out

it should also be pointed out that he was a .65 or so on the season before two good games over the weekend. i don't think its fair to try and paint the picture that a .92 defender has been on the bench over lesser options.

it should also be pointed out that he was a .65 or so on the season before two good games over the weekend. i don't think its fair to try and paint the picture that a .92 defender has been on the bench over lesser options.

When you're only playing 5 defenders, anyone is a much better option than no one.

Axl, maybe finalizing the rule with top up will help? If you wait until the end of the season it could create some drama if last minute with it being a big year for tank nation

Just sent you a PM Axl.

My bad guys. I would have bet my first born I had put Muzzin in after I got that original PM from Axl. I know I did it from my ipad over the weekend. It's all I can tell you.

By all means add on the points Muzzin would have accumulated during that time onto my total. I am ok with that.

I'm betting you didn't hit the "set lineup" button. I've done that a few times. The best thing Yahoo ever did was make it automatically set lineup as soon as you make a change.

Just sent you a PM Axl.

My bad guys. I would have bet my first born I had put Muzzin in after I got that original PM from Axl. I know I did it from my ipad over the weekend. It's all I can tell you.

By all means add on the points Muzzin would have accumulated during that time onto my total. I am ok with that.

Appreciate the response. Guess you just missed the deadline for this week (of 7pm EST). Should I insert Muzzin into his lineup for this scoring period (and the last one?) We do have the "top up" safeguard, but seems kind of silly to not do anything about it at least for the current scoring period, since he did try to fix it already and I assume it just didn't save the change.

Axl, maybe finalizing the rule with top up will help? If you wait until the end of the season it could create some drama if last minute with it being a big year for tank nation

We basically did finalize it (I think). I'll have to find the thread in which we were discussing it to be sure.

Appreciate the response. Guess you just missed the deadline for this week (of 7pm EST). Should I insert Muzzin into his lineup for this scoring period (and the last one?) We do have the "top up" safeguard, but seems kind of silly to not do anything about it at least for the current scoring period, since he did try to fix it already and I assume it just didn't save the change.

My vote would be to add him now.

Back