• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Dynasty Hockey Discussion

that is just being dishonest for the sake of your arguement then, because in our current system there is no way two players so close in scoring that the center is more valuable then the winger.

Kessel is the 5th highest scoring winger with two guys who play some center ahead of him
Kopitar is the 6th highest scoring center

in a league where you need twice as many wingers then centers there is no way Kopitar is more valuable. except in name only

Nice deletion Monty.

Then you try to explain away being a **** as your "straight forward" way of talking.

Nope. Just a ****.

Yeah you guys are being disingenuous to suit your argument. If two players are of equal production in our league, the W is more valuable. Way easier to find a productive centre than winger, and you only need four.

that is just being dishonest for the sake of your arguement then, because in our current system there is no way two players so close in scoring that the center is more valuable then the winger.

Kessel is the 5th highest scoring winger with two guys who play some center ahead of him

in a league where you need twice as many wingers then centers there is no way Kopitar is more valuable. except in name only

Yes, but he's half of a winning team so your argument is invalid.

Am I doing this right?

Not remotely dishonest....I'm not trading a perennial 1.12-1.14 FPPG guy, for someone who is often in the 1.06-1.08 range, simply due to one being W and one being C.

I actually think one of the mistakes people often make in this league, is over compensating for position scarcity.

Not remotely dishonest....I'm not trading a perennial 1.12-1.14 FPPG guy, for someone who is often in the 1.06-1.08 range, simply due to one being W and one being C.

I actually think one of the mistakes people often make in this league, is over compensating for position scarcity.

That's probably because you have a bunch of guys that have dual eligibility that shouldn't.

Yes, but he's half of a winning team so your argument is invalid.

Am I doing this right?

Just because you guys won the title doesn't make your opinion any more valid than Jonas. Jerk.

For the record. Jonas was doing the whole "this is why the Jays can't have nice things" thing on Facebook yesterday. I was playing off that.

I would rather have Kopitar than Kessel though. Call it homerism, but it's true and not disingenuous at all.

For the record. Jonas was doing the whole "this is why the Jays can't have nice things" thing on Facebook yesterday. I was playing off that.

I would rather have Kopitar than Kessel though. Call it homerism, but it's true and not disingenuous at all.

It's fair, they're damn close in overall quality. With position scarcity thrown in though, Kessel is probably slightly more valuable. Which is why I got a 1.15-1.20 defender for him in trade.

Position scarcity is a thing in this league.

The only argument I'd buy is you prefer Kopitar's high floor which is valid. But positional scarcity is a thing in this league as Mindz said, and oddly enough it's ass backwards from the NHL.

It's fair, they're damn close in overall quality. With position scarcity thrown in though, Kessel is probably slightly more valuable. Which is why I got a 1.15-1.20 defender for him in trade.

Position scarcity is a thing in this league.

I like Montana don't worry about position scarcity all that much.

I'd rather play a .7 guy at W than at C. There are only 4 centres, you'd better not have any weak ones... so is that reverse position scarcity?

I like Montana don't worry about position scarcity all that much.

I'd rather play a .7 guy at W than at C. There are only 4 centres, you'd better not have any weak ones... so is that reverse position scarcity?

It's a lot easier to find 4 good C's than 8 good W's.

I don't have access to fantrax right now, but if I did I could pull up some interesting numbers. I know this because I've looked at them before.

Every single position has different values.

1.0 at W is different than 1.0 at C, which is different than 1.0 at D or 1.0 at G.....that's fairly obvious, we're all aware of their differentials and have all crunched the numbers....I don't think we need to make changes so that they're all equal though.

The issue isn't "does position scarcity exist" that's obvious....the question is, is it such an issue that completely altering the layout of the league is necessary, when we've already got mechanisms in place that make C's worth more than your average forward. (The idea of 12 forwards, instead of 4 & 8, imo is absurd)

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to find 4 good C's than 8 good W's.

I don't have access to fantrax right now, but if I did I could pull up some interesting numbers. I know this because I've looked at them before.

I don't think when you're talking top 5 guys in the league at the position, scarcity really matters. Sure when you're talking about the lower level guys, but top level guys doesn't matter.

But everyone places their own value on players... and a lot of it comes down to individual teams.

Actually, you know what.....I change positions.

We should definitely do something to make Centers more valuable.

Back