• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Chantel Returning

We could surely do worse, so I'll take the known commodity that's on an upward trend.

After all, who in this org has not learned on the job? From the GM slot (JR and RF) to the middle managers that rose from the ticket sale ranks (Tatum and Warf), it's part of the culture...especially for a budget team.

I'm okay with this.

At the end of the day, I don't really pay attention to Chantal anyway and I'm at the home games so I'm only even possibly exposed half the time. She's no worse than most of the rest of the people in her role for other teams, based on the days when I used to pay for the whole CenterIce package. So meh ... she's fine. Just keep getting a little better every year, darlin'

We can only have so much that is new. New Front Office, New Coach, New System.

To balance that we need the Same Old Gleason, the Same Old LaRose (if that happens), and the Same Old Chantel.

Caniacs can only deal with so much change at a time.

Pitkanen was the ONLY player/personnel I can think of that you did not like! You still talk about Rosie like he's 5x the player than half the current roster! ;)

Ron is not a happy camper. I heard he was told the canes wanted to be hockey oriented but I'm not sure what that means. I think he was with them 16 years and unceremoniously booted out.

Somewhere in the Triangle Ron the Ref is wondering why he goes and Chantel stays...

While Chantel's work still requires substantial improvement, at least she (hopefully) has the potential to improve. Ron, as much of a nice guy as he is, has repeatedly demonstrated that he has no such capacity.

I don't get those that dislike her. I personally think she does a fine job. Yes she is pretty, blah blah blah. ...But the players seem to connect with her. She does ask decent questions and is in the upper tier of "interviewers" in the league if you spend any time on Center Ice. Add to that she is not pretentious like many interviewers. She knows her role, she is not trying to win a Grammy, and make the interview about her. I think she does a fine job.

...not that she needs defending.

I don't get those that dislike her. I personally think she does a fine job. Yes she is pretty, blah blah blah. ...But the players seem to connect with her. She does ask decent questions and is in the upper tier of "interviewers" in the league if you spend any time on Center Ice. Add to that she is not pretentious like many interviewers. She knows her role, she is not trying to win a Grammy, and make the interview about her. I think she does a fine job.

...not that she needs defending.

I thought Chantel was pretty horrible for the first few months but she improved greatly over time. I'd rather watch her than Tripp Tracy all day err day.

Back