• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Keeper League Discussion 2014-15 Season

Excellent idea. We can make it 6 rounds plus we'll add up the rookies and divide by 3, add it to the 6 rounds and that's how many total rounds they can do. If they want to take a rookie over a regular player then that's up to them. But they max out at 6 non rookie keepers.

I think it should be a draft for the NHL guys and a separate draft for the prospects.

I think the winner of the first pick in the prospects pool should get the third pick in the keeper or vice-versa. Only fair.

Hey guys, sorry for the wait, I'm, in the middle of a move. I'd like to return, but if its going to be a live draft I'm probably out. The thing I loved about this league was the offline draft, and seeing as I probably wont make a live daft since I am moving, I dont want to get stuck with crap.

So there's likely no way for you to make it to a live draft but you'll be able to monitor an offline draft for like a week?

Offline draft I can access at anytime via my phone, but online draft, I dont even know if I'll have internet once I get there and I just hate online drafts. I dont want to be in this league if the same thing as with the baseball keeper league happens, cause I just dont care to look after a team I didnt draft. I do have a question, why is this league being switched over to live draft? We've always had offline drafts and thats the way it should stay. Its a big reason I loved this league.

Most people are the other way around, devote an hour to a live draft and move on. I understand your situation though.

Online draft is way better IMO. Not sure how you can not set aside 1 hour to do it. It makes infinitely more sense to me than constantly checking the site for a week or so.

I agree with the above, I much prefer the live draft and setting aside one night and get this done. If the offline draft only took a week then it wouldn't be bad but it seems the last couple years have been much longer and we ended up having a free for all in the free agent pool when the season was about to start.

Do see where Cheech coming from when got stuff on the go not knowing if one specific time can be pinned down. Putting my vote to the one night vs. checking the page every few hours for multiple weeks (including the rookie draft).

If we can find a time that works for me too, I am in, but if we can't and go with an online draft, I'll say goodbye to this league. I still think that since we started this league with an offline draft of should stay that way. I joined this league and put hundreds of hours into it and changing it to online kinda ruins it for me. I understand that people prefer online draft leagues, but if you don't like offline draft leagues, then don't join.

You have to be malleable Cheech. People's situations change. You can't expect something that worked for someone five years ago to still work for them today. I don't mind finding a time that works for you, we'll see if we can accommodate. We can also take a vote for online and offline. I've opened a new company and I just know that there will be times I cannot get to the site for a pick. There will be others that cannot make their picks promptly and we will be waiting 24 hours for someone. If people are cool with waiting on picks then I'm cool with offline. My preference is still online though.

Offline drafts stress me out. I'm always chasing people down to get their picks.

Cheech take a look back to last season. Most of your picks I had to chase you down to get your picks so I could post them. And it was still like 1-5 hours for most of your picks.

That's cause I like to do my research and really look into my picks instead of being pressured and having up make up my mind in 1.5 minutes, plus then it's hard to see who's still available and you always tend to miss someone that you wanted to pick cause they are buried in the rankings.

Can't find the smilie with the middle finger up, so this will have to do ..!..

Can do your research before the draft and then you have it all when it is going on :smilewinkgrin:

If it's offline I good for it and there may be times where I won't be able to check every couple hours but if we doing it offline I suggest it gets going earlier. Online at night I usually can make it work anywhere. If a few guys can throw some dates that work and we get something booked lets do it towards the last few days before the NHL season starts and guys can take as much time they need to get set.

Live definitely for me, the offline just doesn't work well for me as we all live in different time zones, I'm on the road 60 hours a week minimum and it's a pain in the ass checking in to see where we are plus no research on the road is possible. I understand your opinion Cheech but I agree with the others and HP invests too much of his own time to save us time. The only other thing is you said unless we find a favorable time for you you'll pull out?? Well that should be decided now really so we can find another owner rather than you backing out at the last minute and leaving us stuck especially if we are going to go with an expansion draft it's only fair that if you need to be replaced the new owner walks into the same scenario the other 3 do. We all have a life to live and this is for fun and no money. So I ask what say you? We need to know this before the rookie, expansion rookie and expansion keeper drafts can be held...

I've been in this league many years and I don't want to leave, it's the only hockey league I am in and it used to be an offline draft. It pisses me off that it's changing. Seeing as this league is supposed to be offline draft, I think it's only fair for me that if you are going to change it that it be a time that will fit for me. Okay, my answer is: I'll stay in this league, if I can make the draft I'll look after my team, if you make it a time I can't make I will keep my team but not do a thing until next year. Since you change the way therapies runs, you better make it a time that fits everyone, especially someone who's been in this league for many years. But all in all this is still ****ing bullshit.

Back