• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Dynasty Hockey Trade Thread

His plan of focusing on the next crop of prospects even at the expense of trading current good young players and prospects.

I don't understand Jonas's fascination with the 2015 draft, sure gather picks if it makes sense but damn. Nylander I can understand but throwing Saad in there just so you can be worse this year? I don't know doesn't seem worth it. Even if it is for a good draft.

It's also interesting to see Jonas go for the long term plan when we all know he doesn't have the patience for it.

I don't understand Jonas's fascination with the 2015 draft, sure gather picks if it makes sense but damn. Nylander I can understand but throwing Saad in there just so you can be worse this year? I don't know doesn't seem worth it. Even if it is for a good draft.

It's also interesting to see Jonas go for the long term plan when we all know he doesn't have the patience for it.

I've stuck to this plan for 2 years.

Which I commend you for but you've got another 3 to 4 years ahead of you potentially.

I fail to see how swapping in a 15 top 3 pick for Nylander delays my plan in any way whatsoever.

The place where i can see disagreement is Saad.

However i feel like i'm dealing Nylander and Saad for Eichel/Hanafin/McDavid and Talbot....which is a deal i make all day long.

You should definitely have a nice set of prospects in a year though.

To fully judge it, would need to go backwards through the trades to see if these four prospects are worth what was given up to say if it's nice or if he made a bunch of mistakes to acquire these picks.

I fail to see how swapping in a 15 top 3 pick for Nylander delays my plan in any way whatsoever.

The place where i can see disagreement is Saad.

However i feel like i'm dealing Nylander and Saad for Eichel/Hanafin/McDavid and Talbot....which is a deal i make all day long.

If it's was for one of those guys then sure... especially McDavid.

Problem is that you're first gambling that it will be a top 3 pick. He was 5th last year, and with the addition of Saad I'm not better on him getting worse. Then you're gambling that the player you draft will be better than Saad and Nylander.

It could turn out, but it's a pretty big gamble.

Problem is that you're first gambling that it will be a top 3 pick. He was 5th last year, and with the addition of Saad I'm not better on him getting worse. Then you're gambling that the player you draft will be better than Saad and Nylander.

He also lost Mason/Talbot/Bonino and has just Pavelic in house, i'm sure that at minimum offsets what Saad adds

To fully judge it, would need to go backwards through the trades to see if these four prospects are worth what was given up to say if it's nice or if he made a bunch of mistakes to acquire these picks.

Because I can't sleep...

Jonas trades:

Ryan Strome
2015 1st (AGD)
2014 2nd (TH - Adrian Kempe- or anyone drafted after him)
2014 1st (TJF - Nylander)
2015 1st (ME)
Hampus Lindholm
Brayden Schenn
Malcolm Subban
Brandon Saad

Jonas gets:

2015 1st (TJF)
2015 1st (GH)
2015 1st (Deck)
Cam Talbot

--

So make your judgement based on that I guess.

Soco should be better with Miller, and most people assume GH will be better too, and if he isnt that's fine with me.

Because I can't sleep...

Jonas trades:

Ryan Strome
2015 1st (AGD)
2014 2nd (TH - Adrian Kempe- or anyone drafted after him)
2014 1st (TJF - Nylander)
2015 1st (ME)
Hampus Lindholm
Brayden Schenn
Malcolm Subban
Brandon Saad

Jonas gets:

2015 1st (TJF)
2015 1st (GH)
2015 1st (Deck)
Cam Talbot

--

So make your judgement based on that I guess.

The one guy i really regret parting with off that list is Hampus.

I made that deal way too quickly with GH, and at the end of the day i'm not sure i needed to include him, or even do the deal that fast.

The one guy i really regret parting with off that list is Hampus.

I made that deal way too quickly with GH, and at the end of the day i'm not sure i needed to include him, or even do the deal that fast.

One interesting (probably only to me) tidbit is how I managed to save a shit trade....I for some reason traded my 2014 1st to GH for Jamie McGinn. I managed to get it back from him + Holland for Cody Hodgson, then trade it again to Jonas for Dansk, Rattie + #21, which I then traded another pick for #15. So I essentially traded Dal Colle and Hodgson for McGinn, Dansk, Rattie, Barbashev and Holland, which while not outstanding wasn't the unmitigated disaster it could have been. :lol

*** Trade Announcement ***

Deckie Trades:

STEVE MASON

l9n4sui.jpg

NICK BONINO

ElSoRpS.jpg

Axlsalinger Trades:

CHRISTOPHER TANEV

D4qetYa.jpg

WILLIAM KARLSSON

m8hjJ90.jpg

KYLE RAU

5bvlbtb.jpg
I never got a chance to comment on this trade.

I'm guessing Jonas saw this trade and promptly made an offer on Deckie's 1st next year.

Perhaps he's not as crazy as I first thought.

Back