• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Champions League 2014-15

Halftime at the Vicente Calderon
Atletico Madrid 0-0 Real Madrid

Story of the half was Atletico's 2nd choice keeper Jan Oblak, who made six saves, a few of which were of the spectacular quality. Miguel Moya may be healthy now, but he may not see the pitch as first-choice keeper for the rest of the year if Oblak keeps up this level of play.

Halftime at the Vicente Calderon
Atletico Madrid 0-0 Real Madrid

Story of the half was Atletico's 2nd choice keeper Jan Oblak, who made six saves, a few of which were of the spectacular quality. Miguel Moya may be healthy now, but he may not see the pitch as first-choice keeper for the rest of the year if Oblak keeps up this level of play.

That's how it ended.

Juventus 1-0 Monaco

Halftime, second leg, Champions League quarterfinals

PSG 0-2 Barcelona (Barca leads 5-1 on aggregate)

Bayern 5-0 Porto (Bayern leads 6-3 on aggregate)

Bayern Munchen are a world-class football team. FIVE goals in the first forty minutes to wipe out a 3-1 first leg deficit.
The Spanish giants better hope they don't draw them in the semi-finals. I'm not sure any side can take a two-leg round from them right now.

Porto clawed 1 back but Bayern responded to finish a 6-1 rout and advance 7-4 on aggregate.

The Barca match ended 2-0.

The Juve/Monaco match stayed that way and Juve go through.

Chicharioto got one home late in the other match to send Real Madrid into the Semis.

Semifinal draw and 2 derbies of sorts.

Real Madrid v. Juventus May 5 & 13 - The Carlo Ancelotti derby. He managed Juventus from 1999-2001. They met in the group stage last year with Madrid winning at home and a tie in Turin. They also beat Juventus in the 1998 UCL Final. Juve are in the semifinals for the first time in 12 years.

Barca v. Bayern Munich May 6 & 12 - The Pep Guardiola derby. Their most recent meeting was in the 2013 semifinals that Bayern won 7-0 on aggregate.

I had hoped that we would avoid a possible El Classico final with the draw, but no such luck. Now I'm in the unfortunate position of rooting for either Juve or Bayern, two sides I truly loathe.

But either way, I have zero interest in watching the two Spanish giants battle it out for even more freaking money. Go somebody else.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I have a hard time imagining anyone, Barca included, winning a two-legged tie vs. Bayern Munich.

And just like that, Bayern's hopes suffer a severe setback.

Bayern Munich's hopes of winning the Champions League have suffered a severe blow after the club confirmed that striker Robert Lewandowski has sustained a broken jaw and nose and winger Arjen Robben is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Lewandowski ... was injured in a collision with goalkeeper Mitch Langerak with four minutes of extra time remaining.

Robben ... had not played for a month before coming off the bench on Tuesday, but went to ground clutching his calf just minutes later.

The club confirmed on Wednesday that he would not play again this season after suffering a torn calf muscle.

Lewandoski and Robben injured in DFB-Pokal semifinal

Being without Robben completely changes the nature of Bayern going forward. It's not like they don't have capable wingers, but Robben just does something to opponents' heads.

Barca 3-0 Bayern Munich

Bayern only managed 1 shot on goal. Lewandowski played the whole match despite the broken jaw and nose. Second leg on May 12. It's hard to imagine Bayern coming back from this.

That was a great game last night.

I thought brilliant football played by both sides for 70 minutes, the speed and intensity of the pressing by the team without the ball was startling. Bayern just didn't have the legs to keep up that pace for the full 90 and it let Messi do his thing.

Fine. I know UEFA offices are in mourning, but fine. Anything to avoid an All Spanish final. Or another all anywhere final, come to that. Those games just aren't generally any good.

It's finally here (almost). The final is Saturday at 2:45. The winner completes the treble. There have been 7 trebles in UEFA; Celtic in 66-67 (they also won the Scottish League Cup to complete a quad), Ajax in 71-72, PSV in 87-88, Man U in 98-99, Barca in 08-09, Inter in 09-10 and Bayern in 12-13.

Barca complete the treble, the first team to do it twice, taking the final 3-1. Barca got goals from Rakitic, Suarez and Neymar, Juve scored through Morata.

Back