• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

William Nylander - Where does he end up?

Where does William Nylander play in 2014-2015?

• Leafs (NHL)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Marlies (AHL)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Modo (SHL)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Steelheads (OHL)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Any particular reason for Modo instead of Marlies? Strictly curious.

Just figure he'd be more comfortable playing in more familiar surroundings instead of riding the bus to Grand Rapids or Norfolk. Nothing wrong with the SEL.

It could go any way though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Leafs put him on the team, the kid is definitely good.

Nothing wrong with the SHL, enough highly ranked Swedes have returned there after being drafted and turned out pretty damn good. They were contractually obligated though, seems unusual to have a case like Nylander where there's no contract so we'll see.

He's likely better than all of Frattin, Santorelli, Clarkson as of today already though.

the shanny/nonis/carlyle crew are all about CHARACTER, and shanny's been raving about the great first impression nylander made on him character-wise in rooke camp.

shanny sounded a bit smitten, to be honest.

Nylander earning a spot, and still being sent to the Marlies would be very Leafs.....and is precisely what I expect to happen.

I expect him to make the team and be relegated to 6 minutes of ice time after his first mistake.

I put it there as an option but I genuinely didn't expect anyone to select the Steelheads.

I'm special then :)

Knowing the leafs, they will select a veteran over him. Let him dominate CHL and go to world juniors to play. Go through CHL and ahl playoffs which is good experience too.

Back