• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Lars Eller to four-year, $14 million deal

GGpX

Renaud Lavoie ‏4 year contract for Lars Eller. 3.5M$ AAV #canadiens #tvasports

Whoooooaaaa.

I'm... not sure what to feel about this.

Re: Lars Eller signs 4 years contract

Expensive.

I am waiting for Count to bitch about why we sign these scrubs before subban. :)

Already posted them in the Habs News & Notes thread but:

Renaud Lavoie ‏4 year contract for Lars Eller. 3.5M$ AAV #canadiens #tvasports

WTH ! 3.5 per year ? how this is possible ? he was looking for 3-1 and signed 3.5 on 4 years deal ?

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2014 Offseason

Well....it could be a good deal....if we get the good version of Eller.

$3.5M is very rich for Eller if you ask me.

He had better get his offensive production up because $3.5M for a 30 point center is bad cap management.

Four year deal buys two UFA years.

still .. lots of money for player who had under 30 points in regular season , i know he was good in p-o but Eller has his up and down . DD should feel good about his contract then ..

Sure. And Bourque's deal could be good too if he played like he gave a shit.

But we saw him for a dozen games this year before the playoffs started.

Not too thrilled by this.

My guess is they figure he will improve and by year 2, 3, 4 it will be a great deal.

Otherwise....."da faq" is right.

No, DD is underpaid for what he brings while Eller is overpaid. Eller should be feeling great.

If he can put up 45pts annually, this can be a good deal. But for a 30 point center, it's rich.

My guess is they figure he will improve and by year 2, 3, 4 it will be a great deal.

Otherwise....."da faq" is right.

I dunno, man. There isn't a long list of players who suddenly figure out how to score regularly by the time they're 25.

He was very good in the playoffs. This is a pretty big vote of confidence from the org. to Eller. But we still need to get rid of a center or move Eller to the wing to allow 27 to play center.

Please tell me that he didn't receive a NTC.

No, DD is underpaid for what he brings while Eller is overpaid. Eller should be feeling great.

If he can put up 45pts annually, this can be a good deal. But for a 30 point center, it's rich.

maybe ...
i don't get MB , he get rid of Gorges overpaid contract and sign Eller with another overpaid contract !!!!!!

Sure. And Bourque's deal could be good too if he played like he gave a shit.

But we saw him for a dozen games this year before the playoffs started.

Not too thrilled by this.

My either.

Eller is very up and down. He was good the year before last.

They sure are banking on him being more like the playoff version and less like the version we saw for most of the year.

I like Eller....he's one of the guys that showed up in the playoffs.....you could see that his line was not affected or tired from the physical aspect as the playoffs got longer....

Back