• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Lars Eller to four-year, $14 million deal

We kind of need to get into playoffs first. 30 points a season don't bring a team into postseason.

Our perimeter softies may get more points but Eller will make a bigger difference in the playoffs , I want to see him play more , maybe get second wave of pp .

I expected him to get 3.25 a year average. He has progressed and I personally feel that there was still some overcoming of the injury. Some could have been comfort but also gaining the confidence as the season wore on. DD does get minutes as against other teams top lines but not to shut them down but to counteract them. Eller is another version of Pleks but a stronger version on the puck. He's great along the boards, 30 points, 50 points so what DD is there to put points on the board with his contract, Eller has far more responsibility and honestly MT is not a coach I put alot of faith in to give guys the opportunity to a ton of points up on the board. MT plays so many mind games with the guys and not just the young guns. He did the same to Vanek, he blew his confidence all to shit and the more it was talked about the more MT stayed strong headed about keeping guys towing his line. Hell he did it to PK all year until he finally realized he couldn't take that chance in the PO. Scary to think we have MT for potentially 5 more years. He was run out of Pitt for similar reasons as he can't handle the players getting the spot light over him. Eller will put up more points and make it so Pleks is moved.

great signing , I cant believe some are shitting on him. He was our best forward in the playoffs , and with the exception of Gallagher outplayed everyone on our top 6 , and showed he is built for the playoffs and had the extra drive you need to win.

On this roster right now he is one of the few forwards who is a legit part of the future moving forward , and thats why he was signed .

I am sure other teams have inquired about his services in trade talks and glad he is sticking with us .

Notice who the biggest naysayer is?

Love the deal, Hab Mgmt also must think he projects well.
Not a crippling contract.
Now just got $11m left to squeeze Subban in.
Got a feeling he will be signed for a 574 game deal and hope it isn't 8 years, just too long for any player.

It's because he plays on the size poor Habs. If Eller is in LA or St. Louis he doesnt get a deal like this.

It's because he plays on the size poor Habs. If Eller is in LA or St. Louis he doesnt get a deal like this.

I don't buy that in light of how the contract is stuctured in terms of real dollars, as opposed to the average cap hit. He's making most of it years 3 and 4 because MB clearly believes he'll be a much better player by then. If it was because of his size then he'd make the same every season.

Didn't we make the postseason last year? And the year before?

Thanks to other players. So now Eller is paid based on his first 10 games and postseason. In between, he's nowhere to be found.

And some said Desharnais's contract was bad...

Thanks to other players. So now Eller is paid based on his first 10 games and postseason. In between, he's nowhere to be found.

He's a very good 3rd line center at this point and I guarantee you that his trade value is higher than DD's.

Maybe they use training camp to evaluate Galchenyuk at C? The only question remaining to be answered IMO is whether the org views Galchenyuk as a C or winger longterm? If it's at C, then one of DD, Plekanec, Eller's getting dealt sooner than later

Either we have a good GM or we have a bad one. So far he has shown himself to be a good one, although not immune to mistakes, as no one is. Eller's contract is structured the way it should be in that he will be rewarded as his performance (hopefully) progresses and is paid for the next 2 years accurately. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion of Eller, I have no doubt that MB will be able to move him if he does not progress as planned. After the Briere deal, how can anyone doubt it?

Well....Price did get his 6+ mil based on inconsistent play in the first 5 years of his NHL career.....so yes, Eller is paid based on his first 10 games and postseason.

By the way, Therrien trying to get DD going is what led to dismantling the EGG line (our only good line to start the year)....Eller, Gally and Chuckie slowed down afterwards...

Well....Price did get his 6+ mil based on inconsistent play in the first 5 years of his NHL career.....so yes, Eller is paid based on his first 10 games and postseason.

By the way, Therrien trying to get DD going is what led to dismantling the EGG line (our only good line to start the year)....Eller, Gally and Chuckie slowed down afterwards...

The EGG line had already slowed down by the time they were dismantled and the experience was repeated a couple of times later in the season without much success.

Well every line goes through up and downs.....that's why you keep them together....

God knows we kept Max-DD together even when they were sucking bad....EGG line should have benefited from the same luxury

Back