• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Toronto Blue Jays - Habs fans version.

JimBob

Banned
Thought I would start a Blue Jays thread for us that are both Habs and Jays fans.

Jays and Yanks are tied 4-4 going into to the top of the 9th.

I like Gibby, but I think he made a mistake by keeping the rookie in to pitch in such an important game. The Jays need this game.

Re: OT - Toronto Blue Jays - Habs fans version.

Dioner with a clutch 2 out single. Jays back on top 5-4.

Really man? JimBob again?

Ya. I've retired the Bolduke handle. Onward and upward.

Jays win the game 5-4 and win their first series in the Bronx since 2012. In a wildcard spot and should have Lind back in the next couple days.

Things are looking good.

Team needs to get on a roll. Need to get healthy too.

As a die-hard Expo fan, I hated the Jays for years. Much of that hate was jealousy during the early 90's heyday for the team. Since the Expos are no longer in existence, I have softened my attitude. Can't say I'm a die-hard, but I do find myself more and more checking their scores and rooting for them to beat the evil empires (both of them).

I still hate the Blue Jays with a passion - even though I haven't watched an inning (cumulatively) of MLB since the Expos seized existence.

I've always been a massive Jays fans. Liked the Expos when they were around as well. No real reason to hate one or the other. They played in different leagues and we're never rivals. Neither team never had an impact on the other team standings wise.

Jays got an easy schedule coming up. Might be able to make up some ground, while the O's have to run the LAA/Oak gauntlet one more time.

I am one of those Habs/Jays fans.

Alex Anthopoulos really needs to add some depth or this season is a waste.

Are there more than 10 people (in the entire world) who really care about the Blue Jays? I didn't think so. They haven't been relevant since 1993.

Are there more than 10 people (in the entire world) who really care about the Blue Jays? I didn't think so. They haven't been relevant since 1993.

Are there even 10 ?

Bartend , another Sam's !

A bientot !

I've had a bad attitude towards Toronto sports team since I was a kid.

so....

My hatred of the Leafs carries over to the Jays as well, with only slightly less distain. I rejoice in their losses. Last year was an especially fun year.

Middle of the pack in terms of MLB attendance. I catch a few innings here and there while procrastinating. My heart ain't in MLB since the Expos folded.

I never really hated the Jays. The fact that they never really played the Expos made me never really have any animosity towards them. And being in Toronto now, I do cheer for them.

You'd be surprised. TV ratings have been through the roof the past few seasons. The team has millions of followers coast to coast.

Even here in Toronto, during the down years we average 20-25K, which is better than quite a few other markets when they have good years.

The past two seasons we've been back over 30K per game. It won't take much to get over 40K.

Baltimore won tonight.

Toronto is 3 back of the O's. 1 game up on the Yanks for the second wild-card spot.

The Jays were predicted to win about 75 games (ESPN), so this a great spot to be in if you're a fan. Meaningful baseball in Aug and Sept.

Back