• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014 Keepers

Yes he was on the do not draft list. I missed him 100% my fault as I totally thought I traded him to Mongolia in our blockbuster last year.

Not telling anyone what to do, but I'd get him on Neal's team asap before someone makes a waiver claim on him.

See this is why we keep track of our rookie keepers and post them. Now we have the ability to keep them on our team.

Part of me wants to say that whoever picked him up should be able to keep him.

Sorry Neal, but this is why we ask for lists every year. It's up to every manager to know who's on their own team. I get that it may be hard to remember every player the next season after a few months away, which again is why we ask for lists. All you need to do is look at last year's roster thread.

In this case, even if I were to reverse Killersweet's move, the guy he dropped has been picked up by somebody else already. It just leads to an infinite number of problems. If it were before the season or even the first week, we could try to find some resolution, but it's already week 3. This is probably the main reason we moved over to Fantrax, so that teams can keep their minor league players in the minors, and thus can't be picked up by other teams.

My two cents - Rookie drafted players are protected for three years and can only be carried by their rightful owners either by draft or trade. Yes Neal messed up, but that shouldn't make a protected player free game. Regardless of Neal fcuking up - the player was listed in the do not draft thread and should be dropped.

Having said that - it's Mohammad Sanu for crying out loud - Neal can just pick him up in 3 weeks when killersweet drops him for someone else :couch

I think there has to be some responsibility on the owner too... especially with the new site. We can carry all of our rookies now so there's no need for the "do not draft" list anymore. Which is why it wasn't updated this year and why nobody would have thought to check the list before picking a player up.

In this case in particular everyone posted their rookies and Neal didn't post any. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes. Then I pressed him and said that I found it hard to believe that he didn't have a single rookie pick over the past 3 years and he assured us that he did not. The reason I asked multiple times was for this exact reason. With everyone carrying their rookies on their team now there would be no real recourse if a mistake was made.

I agree and Neal should be tarred and feathered - what i am saying is that the player is protected having been drafted in the rookie draft and should not be allowed to be carried by anyone other than their rights holder. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Except, as axl pointed out. The player dropped by the manager who picked up Sanu has now been picked up by someone else. So it's not so simple.

I think once you fail to list and add your players in the off season you've waived your ownership of the player.

Is that a new rule?

I'm just playing devil's advocate, HP, as Sanu is not a big deal- like you say, the new site will make it easier managing the rookies moving forward

Neal - get naked - HP - go get the tar - I've got the feathers. :)

I'm not sure it's a "new rule" but read this exchange and tell me that this isn't a guy that has waived any rookies he may have.

I mean I tried to encourage him to post any rookies that he might have.
QB

Matt Ryan
Tony Romo

RB

Marshawn Lynch
Arian Foster

WR

Damarious Thomas

You have no rookies?

Nope no rookies for me...

Wow... how's that even possible? You haven't had a rookie pick in 3 years?

I traded a lot of my picks away. I did win it in 2011 I believe, so I think I made the right trades for my team at that point. Unfortunately I'm paying the cost now.

Wow... seems weird that you don't have a single rookie pick.

Agreed though... a title is worth it.

To be clear, I like Neal and he's been a great manager and seems like a good guy. I'd say the exact same thing if it was anyone... including myself.

Ok guys, I assumed since we have the minor league system in fantrax, that everyone is keeping their rookies in there. I had no idea Sanu belonged to Neal's team until I saw this thread after the pick up. Anyways, I'll go with whatever the league decides.

Not your fault. It's all on Neal. I was just arguing the point of protected rookies retaining eligibility for the full three years. I'm ok with Axl's decision. Just wanted my opinion to be heard.

Not your fault. It's all on Neal. I was just arguing the point of protected rookies retaining eligibility for the full three years. I'm ok with Axl's decision. Just wanted my opinion to be heard.

Within reason. You can always waive a player and they can be back in the FA pool, which is essentially what Neal did.

In our hockey league it happens all the time. Guys just get rid of guys before they reach their limit cause they know they aren't going to become anything worth having.

Sure. I dropped Jonathan Franklin because he is retired and didn't want to see him on my roster anymore. Hypothetically speaking, if he un-retires next year, have I foregone my rights to him?

Back