• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Robin Williams kills himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT, Robin Williams kills himself

Awful awful awful.

I got to meet him in person and he made me laugh in the 5 minutes I spent with him. He was a pioneer and incredibly talented. So sad.

I remember a couple of years ago he was on The Tonight Show and he explained honestly that he took a TV show at the time to keep up with his bills (alimony/child support) and also had to downside his life. I remember saying to myself he looks miserable and his wild act was now "caged".

I wasn't a big fan but he seemed like he really cared about making people laugh.

Another multi-millionaire celebrity who's depressed for some reason. Makes it hard to find sympathy when you see people in your daily life who have actual good reason to be depressed.

Maybe we'll find out it wasn't suicide at all but an auto-erotic asphyxiation sex game gone horribly wrong.

Another multi-millionaire celebrity who's depressed for some reason. Makes it hard to find sympathy when you see people in your daily life who have actual good reason to be depressed.

Maybe we'll find out it wasn't suicide at all but an auto-erotic asphyxiation sex game gone horribly wrong.

You've made a lot of stupid posts but this may be the stupidest ever.

If you think money is the only cause of happiness and the lack of money is the only cause of depression then you might be legitimately retarded.

Money's cool, but it doesn't cure a tortured mind. Robin Williams did provide a lot of good laughs while he was here.

May he RIP.

He was known to suffer with a mental illness called Bi-Polar Affective Disorder. Depression is one of the symptoms. Medication can be helpful however, sometimes, the illness takes over and this is often the result. It's not about money or fame, it's not about will power, it's about being overwhelmed by a symptom of a very difficult illness. So, please take a few moments and do a little bit of research before posting such uneducated dribble.

Your post is "another pathetic failure".

You clearly have zero understanding of depression, what it is and how it inflicts. You epitomize the term obtuse.

You are a ****ing idiot. It amazes me that people like you can confidently spew garbage without actually knowing anything. I lost one of my best friends when he took his own life because of an awful disease like this. You have now idea how deep and dark things can get when you can not control your mind.

Disgusting post.

What's the old saying: sanity and insanity is no more than a hair's breadth difference?

What internally tortured some of these artists for years & years (Hoffman & now Willams) in a very perverse way brought out their ground breaking talent.

So utterly sad.

What's the old saying: sanity and insanity is no more than a hair's breadth difference?

What internally tortured some of these artists for years & years (Hoffman & now Willams) in a very perverse way brought out their ground breaking talent.

So utterly sad.

Don't forget Heath Ledger too. Very disturbed.

You are a ****ing idiot. It amazes me that people like you can confidently spew garbage without actually knowing anything. I lost one of my best friends when he took his own life because of an awful disease like this. You have now idea how deep and dark things can get when you can not control your mind.

Disgusting post.

People think they know what depression is....chances are yourown "depression" or "being sad" is what people compare it to....that isn't real depression.

Yeah I've never experienced depression... I've been "bummed out" for a couple days or even a couple weeks over a break up or something. But I personally know (to varying degrees) at least 10 people who have killed themselves. The type of depression those people had was and remains completely foreign to me.

For it to get so bad that you'd actually end it all, it has to be beyond comprehension to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back