• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Premier League Thread

I only saw the 2nd half of the Newcastle/Liverpool match. Rodgers has his hands full with that group. Was Suarez really the key? At times, they look like they've never played together.

Walcott got a token 10 minutes in his first action since January. Two more goals for Sanchez today. Gunners would be absolutely sunk without him. He's been worth every penny Wenger paid for him.

I only saw the 2nd half of the Newcastle/Liverpool match. Rodgers has his hands full with that group. Was Suarez really the key? At times, they look like they've never played together.

Having Sturridge out really hurts as well. His pace and running past defenders makes space for the others to work in.

At the moment Balotelli is dropping out into that 10 role and just jamming up all the space that Sterling, Courtinho, Lalana want to work in.

Its killing the pace of their play and limiting the opportunities for any kind of quick passing game.

Makes Liverpool pretty easy to defend against.

I hope Benteke gets relief on appeal, because that was a ridiculous call. Spurs were gifted that match. The only positive for them was that maybe it will finally force Pochettino to finally start Kane in PL play. Lordy, that side needs an overhaul. Starting at the very top.

If that's a red card, then at least two Spurs need to be sent off for being a lot more violent toward Benteke.

Yeah. Not a huge fan of Benteke's reaction, but CLEARLY he was provoked physically. I mean seriously. How blind do you have to be to miss that? Still ... you don't HAVE to knuckle under at that point, but Villa did what they normally do and fell apart late under pressure. That side needs a heart transplant as much as they need some more offense. Suck it up guys.

Matchweek 11 and then another international break:

Saturday:
Liverpool v. Chelsea 7:45 eastern/12:45 local NBCSN
Burnley v. Hull 10:00/15:00
Man U v. Crystal Palace 10:00/15:00
Southampton v. Leicester 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
West Ham v. Aston Villa 10:00/15:00
QPR v. Man City 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Sunderland v. Everton 8:30/13:30
Spurs v. Stoke 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
West Brom v. Newcastle 8:30/13:30
Swansea v. Arsenal 11:00/16:00 NBCSN

Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
Burnley 1-0 Hull
Man Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace
Southampton 2-0 Leicester
West Ham 0-0 Aston Villa

Sunderland 1-1 Everton
Spurs 1-2 Stoke
West Brom 0-2 Newcastle
Swansea 2-1 Arsenal

#Wengerout was blowing up on Twitter yesterday. They haven't beaten a club in the top half of the table all year. Newcastle have won 4 in a row and improbably climbed to 8th in the table.

We didn't score... But we also didn't lose!!!!!! Drop the streamers!!!!

A point, a point. My kingdom for a point.

Given the suspension/injury situation, I'll take it. Although scoring a goal is starting to feel like a monumental task. On the upside, N'Zogbia looks like an actual professional footballer of late. First time in like 3 years too.

#Wengerout was blowing up on Twitter yesterday. They haven't beaten a club in the top half of the table all year. Newcastle have won 4 in a row and improbably climbed to 8th in the table.

#LevyOut not far behind. North London's a very unhappy place lately.

Worth noting that it's right about time the third international break rolls around that I get just fed up to HERE with international breaks.

And we're back from the break and into the compressed schedule at the end of the year. There are 8 matches to be played before New Year's Day and only 6 weekends.

Saturday (no early games, all at 10:00 eastern/15:00 local):
Chelsea v. West Brom NBCSN
Everton v. West Ham
Leicester v. Sunderland
Man City v. Swansea
Newcastle v. QPR
Stoke v. Burnley
Arsenal v. Man U 12:30 eastern/17:30 local NBC

Sunday:
Crystal Palace v. Liverpool 8:30/13:30 CNBC
Hull v. Spurs 11:00/16:00 NBCSN

Monday:
Aston Villa v. Southampton 3:00/20:00 NBCSN

What would normally have been a battle of the titans between Arsenal and Man U has been reduced to a battle for 6th place. And in-form Newcastle can leapfrog both of them. Liverpool will still be without Sturridge as he suffered a tear in his thigh over the break that will keep him sidelined until early next year. The break wasn't kind to a few players as Walcott, Welbeck, Baines, Vlaar, Blind and Shaw all picked up injuries on the break and are doubtful for their clubs.

Chelsea 2-0 West Brom
Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Man City 2-1 Swansea
Stoke 1-2 Burnley
Leicester 0-0 Sunderland
Everton 2-1 West Ham

Back