• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Premier League Thread

Match day 24. Two big derbies, a tripleheader on Sunday and then more games on Tuesday and Wednesday ahead of the FA Cup matches over the weekend. The North London Derby is for position. An Arsenal win with losses or draws by Southampton and Man U and the Gunners move to 3rd. A Spurs win moves them past Arsenal. The Merseyside Derby is for pride. Liverpool are 12 points clear of Everton.

Saturday:
Spurs v. Arsenal 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Aston Villa v. Chelsea 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Swansea v. Sunderland
Leicester v. Crystal Palace
Man City v. Hull
QPR v. Southampton
Everton v. Liverpool 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Burnley v. West Brom 7:00/12:00 NBCSN
Newcastle v. Stoke 9:05/14:05 NBCSN
West Ham v. Man U 11:15/16:15 NBCSN

Yeah ... I think the Marquis de Sade came up with Villa's schedule. Every time they're in dire need of a visit from QPR or Burnley they end up hosting freaking Chelsea or City.

Yeah ... I think the Marquis de Sade came up with Villa's schedule. Every time they're in dire need of a visit from QPR or Burnley they end up hosting freaking Chelsea or City.

They get to visit Hull on Tuesday...

And Villa's scoreless streak continues. It's gotten to the point where toward the end of the Arsenal game, my girlfriend was in the other room and heard me scream and asked if Arsenal scored again and I said no, we almost finally scored when the keeper made a good save on a long range effort. I would actually be super happy if we lose to Chelsea 6-2.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Chelsea

Leicester 0 - 1 Crystal Palace

Man City 1 - 1 Hull

QPR 0 - 1 Southampton

Swansea 1 - 1 Sunderland

Late goal from City made a bad day slightly worse..... they lose ground to Chelsea at the top.

Villa score their first goal in the league since 12/20. The score in the North London Derby flatters Arsenal, they were never really in the match even though they held the lead for 45 minutes.

Midweek matches for match day 25 ahead of the FA Cup this weekend:

Tuesday:
Arsenal v. Leicester 2:45/19:45
Hull v. Aston Villa
Sunderland v. QPR
Liverpool v. Spurs 3:00/20:00 NBCSN

Wednesday:
Chelsea v. Everton 2:45/19:45 NBCSN
Man U v. Burnley
Southampton v. West Ham
Stoke v. Man City
Crystal Palace v. Newcastle 3:00/20:00
West Brom v. Swansea

Villa closing out what a miserable 2-0 loss to Hull ... barring some sort of wonder strike from literally nowhere to salvage a little dignity. They have dropped like a bag of rocks squarely into the relegation battle and frankly I see absolutely no reason to believe that Lambert will find a way out of the weeds.

Villa closing out what a miserable 2-0 loss to Hull ... barring some sort of wonder strike from literally nowhere to salvage a little dignity. They have dropped like a bag of rocks squarely into the relegation battle and frankly I see absolutely no reason to believe that Lambert will find a way out of the weeds.

They didn't make it.

Hull 2-0 Aston Villa
Arsenal 2-1 Leicester
Sunderland 0-2 QPR
Liverpool 3-2 Spurs

Arsenal jump back ahead of Spurs into 4th pending Man U and Southampton tomorrow. Liverpool get an 83rd minute winner from Balotelli, his first for Liverpool and climb to within a point of Spurs in 6th. At the other end, QPR pulls ahead of Villa on goal differential into 17th while Villa drop into 18th. If Burnley earn a point at OT tomorrow, Villa drop to 19th.

Villa are absolute roadkill right now. Lambert is now out .... probably two to three weeks too late ... and the team will seemingly need an act of Parliament to act like they can be bothered.

Sigh ... things looked so much more optimistic only 20 months ago when their youngsters had infused some real spine in the club. A long term injury to Benteke and a complete back-peddle from some of those kids later and we look like freaking roadkill. It's been a rough run for a proud, proud club.

Last edited:
Chelsea 1-0 Everton
Man U 3-1 Burnley
Southampton 0-0 West Ham
Stoke 1-4 Man City
Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle
West Brom 2-0 Swansea

Chelsea get an 89th minute goal from Willian to keep pace with Man City who left Stoke in the dust with 3 2nd half goals. Man U move back into 3rd, 1 point up on Southampton and 2 on Arsenal. Burnley don't earn a point so they stay behind Villa in 19th.

Match day 26. Nothing early on Saturday and a tripleheader on Sunday

Saturday:
Chelsea v. Burnley 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Swansea v. Man U
Crystal Palace v. Arsenal
Aston Villa v. Stoke
Sunderland v. West Brom
QPR v. Hull
Man City v. Newcastle 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Spurs v. West Ham 7:00/12:00 NBCSN
Everton v. Leicester 9:05/14:05 NBCSN
Southampton v. Liverpool 11:15/16:15 NBCSN

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Stoke
Chelsea 1 - 1 Burnley
Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Arsenal
Hull 2 - 1 QPR
Sunderland 0 - 0 West Brom
Swansea 2 - 1 Man Utd

Silva added a brace in the 2nd half to make it a 5-0 final.

Burnley climb above Aston Villa into 18th. Arsenal climb above Man U into 3rd. A Southampton win on Sunday move them back to 3rd and drop Arsenal to 4th.

Back