• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014-15 Premier League Thread

Liverpool 1-1 Everton
Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa
Crystal Palace 2-0 Leicester
Hull 2-4 Man City
Man Utd 2-1 West Ham
Southampton 2-1 QPR
Sunderland 0-0 Swansea

Arsenal 1-1 Spurs

Think LVG or Roy Hodgson regret handing the captains band to Rooney?

West Rom 4-0 Burnley

Burnley haven't scored a goal since the 14th minute of their first match of the season. Since then they've been shutout 5 times in the Prem, playing 3 scoreless draws, and shut out by Sheffield Wednesday in the Capital One Cup. Awfully hard to stay up if you can't score...

Couple of thoughts:

- Villa lost their second 3-0 game in a row, but honestly they didn't play all that badly. They REALLY need to get Benteke back up front to finish a few of the chances that the other guys keep squandering. That will help a lot.

- I feel bad for Burnley. From what I've seen of them they play a spirited game but just have no offense to speak of. That's a tough way to go through the Prem season.

- Man United still look like a great actor coming off of rehab or something. Still powerful but so danged unsure of themselves. Even when they carve out a nice stretch of play and a lead, they seem to be waiting for the other shoe to drop. I figure Van Gaal will get their confidence built up eventually and when he does, look the heck out.

- I hate derby draws. So unsatisfying.

Stoke 1-0 Newcastle

Magpies stay winless, rooted in 19th, +1 differential on Burnley. Colback missed a bunny, clanking a shot off the crossbar from inside the 6 yard box in the 86th minute that would have tied it up. Does Pardew make it to training tomorrow?

Stoke 1-0 Newcastle

Magpies stay winless, rooted in 19th, +1 differential on Burnley. Colback missed a bunny, clanking a shot off the crossbar from inside the 6 yard box in the 86th minute that would have tied it up. Does Pardew make it to training tomorrow?

Look at that roster and tell me why he gets to keep his job. Seriously. They have flaws but their talent level is WAY beyond these results.

Match week 7

Saturday, no early games, all at 10:00 eastern, 15:00 local except as noted:
Liverpool v. West Brom NBCSN
Hull v. Crystal Palace
Leicester City v. Burnley
Sunderland v. Stoke
Swansea v. Newcastle
Aston Villa v. Man City 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Man U v. Everton 7:00/12:00 NBCSN
Chelsea v. Arsenal 9:05/14:05 NBCSN
Spurs v. Southampton 9:05/14:05
West Ham v. QPR 11:15/16:15 NBCSN

The London Derby is the headliner. Will Arsenal's form from the UCL match carry over to the league? Will Burnley or Newcastle get off the schneid and pick up their first win? Will Burnley score a goal? After beating Liverpool on 9/13, Aston Villa have lost consecutive 3-0 matches to Arsenal and Chelsea. It doesn't get easier this week and they have to travel to Everton next week to finish a brutal stretch.

Villa will probably at least look a bit better this week, since the stomach flu that ripped through a big chunk of their boot room has had a couple of weeks to run its course. They picked a terrible time to be dealing with that mess, too. The worst stretch of their schedule this season by a long, long shot. Probably still lose 3-0 to City though. Other than one outlier they've gotten their butts kicked by them for 3-4 years.

Lots of speculation out there that Pardew will get canned by Newcastle if they don't at least get a result against Swansea this weekend. Seems fair to me since they've been moribund to say the least, and that's not a cheap roster they've got.

Lots of speculation out there that Pardew will get canned by Newcastle if they don't at least get a result against Swansea this weekend.

I cant imagine that even Mike Ashley would have the bottle to sack him after setting his lawyers on the reporter who reported those "joking" he is finished comments Ashley made outside a pub the other week.

Think that probably bought him another couple of weeks.

Hull 2-0 Crystal Palace
Leicester 2-2 Burnley
Liverpool 2-1 West Brom
Sunderland 3-1 Stoke
Swansea 2-2 Newcastle

Aston Villa 0-2 Man City

So Burnley tripled their goal total with a pair against Leicester, including the tying goal in the 96th minute. Newcastle got a brace from Cisse to pick up a point.

Man Utd 2-1 Everton
Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal
Tottenham 1-0 Southampton

Everton really need to get their act together

And DeGea was a beast for Man U. Stopping a Baines penalty at the end of the first half (his first ever miss in the Prem) and saving at least 2 more point blank shots in the 2nd.

Matchups as the Prem comes back from the 2nd international break of the season:

Saturday
Man City vs Tottenham
Newcastle vs Leicester
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea
Everton vs Aston Villa
Southampton vs Sunderland
Burnley vs West Ham
Arsenal vs Hull

Sunday
QPR vs Liverpool
Stoke vs Swansea

Monday
West Brom vs Man United

Not a lot of big on big this week, but the early game on Saturday looks interesting with City taking on Spurs. Everton and Villa are both looking to get something going after a rough couple of weeks, and Liverpool will be looking to bounce back against a woeful QPR side. And Man United's continuing quest for confidence rolls on against the Baggies, who took a chunk out of Spurs a few weeks ago and are capable of bringing some quality.

Man City/Spurs at 7:45/12:45 on NBCSN. All the other Saturday games are at 10/15:00. Crystal Palace/Chelsea is on NBCSN, all the others are on Extra Time. QPR/Liverpool is at 8:30/13:30, Stoke/Swansea at 11:00/16:00, both on NBCSN.

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all have short turnarounds for their UCL matches next week. Man City is at CSKA Moscow and Chelsea has a match against Maribor on Tuesday. Liverpool has match on Wednesday against Real Madrid. I don't know what kind of lineup they'll field in the Prem. Arsenal get the extra day with matches on Saturday/Wednesday.

Arsenal 2-2 Hull
Burnley 1-4 West Ham
Crystal Palace 1-2 Chelsea
Everton 3-0 Aston Villa
Manchester City 4-1 Tottenham

and the result of the day

Southampton 8-0 Sunderland

Back