• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: OT Thread

Harper has abandoned Canada's long held policies and is hurting us internationally and making us potential victims.

So we should let radical crazy people dictate our foreign policy? So Justine can sit with his hands up his ass while we have a prime minister who wants to be proactive? You have no clue on anything to do with foreign policy, you're a lawyer who sits on the internet all day long. I have friends who serve and in the RCMP and they are 100000% on board with our current policy. These are home grown terrorists right now, they are here whether Harper sends troops to fight ISIS or not. You should stick to like common law or divorce stuff instead of topics you sound really ignorant on.

Well you have friends, who would have that was possible.

As for commenting on things that make me sound ignorant, it never stopped you so why should it stop me?

So we should let radical crazy people dictate our foreign policy? So Justine can sit with his hands up his ass while we have a prime minister who wants to be proactive? You have no clue on anything to do with foreign policy, you're a lawyer who sits on the internet all day long. I have friends who serve and in the RCMP and they are 100000% on board with our current policy. These are home grown terrorists right now, they are here whether Harper sends troops to fight ISIS or not. You should stick to like common law or divorce stuff instead of topics you sound really ignorant on.

You are beyond naive if you think that Harper sucking up to the israel lobbyists has nothing to do with today's events. And when you ask if we should allow our foreign policy decisions to be dictated by "radical crazy people", to whom are you referring? Because I could make a case that the Israelies fall into that category.

If we want to be left alone we have to stop taking sides in conflicts that have nothing to do with us. When will our politicians realize that doing favours for Israel buys us nothing but trouble? We give them money, we support every last one of their excesses for fear of offending their big-money lobby here in Canada and what do we get in return? The undying hatred of all the people who Israel oppresses. And when these jihadists start bringing the terror to our shores does Israel offer us anything to help? No. We get bupkes from them.

You are beyond naive if you think that Harper sucking up to the israel lobbyists has nothing to do with today's events. And when you ask if we should allow our foreign policy decisions to be dictated by "radical crazy people", to whom are you referring? Because I could make a case that the Israelies fall into that category.

If we want to be left alone we have to stop taking sides in conflicts that have nothing to do with us. When will our politicians realize that doing favours for Israel buys us nothing but trouble? We give them money, we support every last one of their excesses for fear of offending their big-money lobby here in Canada and what do we get in return? The undying hatred of all the people who Israel oppresses. And when these jihadists start bringing the terror to our shores does Israel offer us anything to help? No. We get bupkes from them.

Have to agree - the optics have never looked good for Harper, his desperate desire to shove his tongue right up the U.S's asshloe, from recruiting former Aussie PM's political strategist, to moving Canadian policy rightward.

Like the Swiss, Canada's been a neutral nation, Harpers played a dangerous game of poker using the country for chips during his reign...

Harper is just selling a narrative to a domestic voting block, mobilize the base.

Canada has virtually no influence in the Middle East.

I haven't been able to look at the news recently (waiting for kids to go to bed before flipping on tv) - do they really think this guy a radical islamist? Because a guy with that kind of background has a whole lot of baggage, in that light he seems similar to that idiot who shor the RCMP officers in Moncton last year.

Other than the fact he changed his name from Mike Hall to some Arab sounding name, no.

I also think there is no tie in between the incident in Quebec and today. They are just two random weirdos.

Sad day for the family of the shot soldier and a sad day for us all as our country gets a little less glorius and free.

Hopefully we won't go overboard in enacting security and laws to "make us safer".

and be prepared Xpire for some Quebec bashing on Sun News etc as both are Quebecois who converted to Islam

BTW your second sentence is arguably the most profound thing you have ever written here and I agree completely

and be prepared Xpire for some Quebec bashing on Sun News etc as both are Quebecois who converted to Islam

BTW your second sentence is arguably the most profound thing you have ever written here and I agree completely

I find people will over react and will want to enact all sorts of draconian laws that give a false sense of security. As someone mentioned on the radio, Canadians have a higher chance of dying from a lighning strike than from a terrorist attack. And if the truth be told, Harper seems to be salivating at these events so he can enact his laws on us.

James Moore ‏
Pittsburgh showing solidarity with Canada

B0l2YQoCMAEoiH1.jpg

I find people will over react and will want to enact all sorts of draconian laws that give a false sense of security. As someone mentioned on the radio, Canadians have a higher chance of dying from a lighning strike than from a terrorist attack. And if the truth be told, Harper seems to be salivating at these events so he can enact his laws on us.

If you aren't a terrorist or up to bad shit, you have nothing to worry about.

Megan Underwood
On Sunday, we asked a very handsome guard for a picture with my friend visiting from Cali - RIP Nathan Cirillo

B0lKZfGCEAQTMyf.jpg

Back