• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: OT Thread

If you aren't a terrorist or up to bad shit, you have nothing to worry about.

Well that's not true. If they had already been proven to be terrorists or up to bad shit they would be in jail. What people are going to want is to lock up everyone who might be suspicious. That puts a lot of innocent people at risk of being locked up or deported.

NOW who's the dumbass posting stupid shit?

Enjoy your fascist police state courtesy of Stephen Harper.

No, you know what. I want terrorists to roam about Canada with the police and rcmp not being able to do anything. The RCMP met with Ahmad several times, but didn't have the authority to do anything. We have a bunch of fat ass liberals on this board who just pretend that if you ignore it, then it doesn't exist.

Well that's not true. If they had already been proven to be terrorists or up to bad shit they would be in jail. What people are going to want is to lock up everyone who might be suspicious. That puts a lot of innocent people at risk of being locked up or deported.

If it's already been proven, then it's a bit too late to do anything, isn't it?

They should really figure out how to prevent someone from strolling into a Parliament building with a gun. Leave the rest of us who are not up to "bad shit" alone.

They should really figure out how to prevent someone from strolling into a Parliament building with a gun. Leave the rest of us who are not up to "bad shit" alone.

That's probably going to be looked at real closely. The soldiers are not allowed to carry live ammo unless the war measures act is implemented I believe. That's according to canadiangunnutz.

If it's already been proven, then it's a bit too late to do anything, isn't it?

That's the point. You want potential terrorists locked up? Well then you're going to have to lock up a lot of innocent people too. You're okay with that?

That's the point. You want potential terrorists locked up? Well then you're going to have to lock up a lot of innocent people too. You're okay with that?

I expect they have some sort of evidence to go on, they aren't just locking up tom dick and jane off the street. But, if the RCMP was watching and meeting with this guy but couldn't detain him because he didn't break any law and a soldier could have been saved, then don't you think it's worth looking at and seeing what kind of things could be improved on?

I expect they have some sort of evidence to go on, they aren't just locking up tom dick and jane off the street. But, if the RCMP was watching and meeting with this guy but couldn't detain him because he didn't break any law and a soldier could have been saved, then don't you think it's worth looking at and seeing what kind of things could be improved on?

How many innocent people are you ok locking up just to make sure 1 soldier doesn't die?

I guess a good question to ask is "how many people have been watched/met with/detained" and it turns out they weren't terrorists?"

If the answer is "none." They hey, let's lock them all up. If the answer is "lots." Then we just have to work harder to find out which ones are actually terrorists and stop them before they follow through. Cause I have no interest in living in a country where we start locking up people for "suspicions."

What I don't want is what happened during the war when Japanese and Italian Canadians were locked up for no reason.

You guys are acting as if the are going to lock up half the country. Canada isn't the only country re-examining its terror laws. Britain is as well, as they should. Yes, we need to make sure the right people are locked up, and I expect there will obviously be some regulation on that.

The 'right' people are the ones guilty of committing crimes.

Or the ones intending to.

It's interesting because both these guys (today's killer and the Quebec dude on Monday) had their passports seized because they intended to go fight overseas. So we prevented them from killing on foreign soil but kept our eyes off the ball locally.

It's interesting because both these guys (today's killer and the Quebec dude on Monday) had their passports seized because they intended to go fight overseas. So we prevented them from killing on foreign soil but kept our eyes off the ball locally.

Right, the RCMP was not able to lock them up because they had not committed a crime yet. They met with Rouleau several times. We definitely need to start looking more closely at home grown terrorists. Ignoring and pretending it's because Harper is pro israel is obviously ridiculous. Just look all over the world, it's not unique to Canada, radical islamism exists.

'We could not arrest someone for having radical thoughts. It's not a crime in Canada," RCMP Supt. Martine Fontaine told a news conference Tuesday.

You guys are acting as if the are going to lock up half the country. Canada isn't the only country re-examining its terror laws. Britain is as well, as they should. Yes, we need to make sure the right people are locked up, and I expect there will obviously be some regulation on that.

There are already laws and regulations. You're suggesting that we do away with the regulations and start locking up the suspicious people.

Right, the RCMP was not able to lock them up because they had not committed a crime yet. They met with Rouleau several times. We definitely need to start looking more closely at home grown terrorists. Ignoring and pretending it's because Harper is pro israel is obviously ridiculous. Just look all over the world, it's not unique to Canada, radical islamism exists.

'We could not arrest someone for having radical thoughts. It's not a crime in Canada," RCMP Supt. Martine Fontaine told a news conference Tuesday.

You don't want to start policing thoughts... hell this conversation right here might get you locked up. You appear to be disgruntled with the government and police. Maybe enough to do something crazy.

There are already laws and regulations. You're suggesting that we do away with the regulations and start locking up the suspicious people.

I agree that the RCMP need some more authority to deal with domestic terror threats because today could have been a whole lot worse.

Back