• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: OT Thread

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
Figured we don't have a thread to discuss movies, TV shows, Video games and other pop culture.

Here's a look at NHL 15... can't wait.

[video=youtube;9Kklp7UzMiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kklp7UzMiE[/video]

So we're planning a trip through the US by train in December and January. What's the best option for mobile internet these days? There's no way that I'm using my phone and racking up a ton of roaming charges at $6/MB

They have some sort of internet sticks I've seen in the past... but I've never used one. Any suggestions?

Don't wanna miss any Hab games.

well I wouldn't know, but that sounds like a great trip.

Yeah it should be pretty awesome. From Minot ND to Pittsburgh PA. It's like 3 days each way but we booked the private rooms for the entire trip so it should be very comfortable.

So we're planning a trip through the US by train in December and January. What's the best option for mobile internet these days? There's no way that I'm using my phone and racking up a ton of roaming charges at $6/MB

They have some sort of internet sticks I've seen in the past... but I've never used one. Any suggestions?

Don't wanna miss any Hab games.

Who's your provider in Canada? I'm on FIDO and I thought their expansion US pack was reasonable.

It was $40 for 50mins talk, unlimited text and 200 MB. More than enough to make brief phone calls and get the latest funny post from worm. Not enough to watch games obviously. I would use wi-fi or hit a sports bar for that.

Sorry, disregard the above as this won't help you watch an entire game on a train. Surprised they don't have wi-fi like VIA does.

Last edited:
Yeah we're on Bell and they have a half decent US travel plan too... but we plan on watching games on the train so we'll be needing a package with more data.

Looks like we might try "Roam Mobility."

It's a chip you put in your phone and for $1.95 a day you get unlimited text and data... and anything past 14 days is only a buck a day.

Should be able to use that and set my phone up as a hotspot for watching games.

Do not think I will bother with NHL 15.

Always ended up buying the game...playing it for 2 hours then never touching it again.

So what day does it come out so I can buy it and play it for two hours and never touch it again?

Figured we don't have a thread to discuss movies, TV shows, Video games and other pop culture.

Here's a look at NHL 15... can't wait.

[video=youtube;9Kklp7UzMiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kklp7UzMiE[/video]

I hear there might not be a EASHL in the new edition (PS4 & Xbox one) which is a pretty big let down to me has I was playing mostly drop in EASHL games.

Are you planning on getting it on a specific console? I got myself a PS4. Maybe we could play a few games.

Always ended up buying the game...playing it for 2 hours then never touching it again.

So what day does it come out so I can buy it and play it for two hours and never touch it again?

What happens after 2 hours? Does Therrien interrupt the game with a motivational speech.

Dude, don't do that. You can trade MMC to DemonBlond's team for a bunch of skilled midgets.

September 9th.

If you do get it and have a PS4 we'll have to play sometime.

I hear there might not be a EASHL in the new edition (PS4 & Xbox one) which is a pretty big let down to me has I was playing mostly drop in EASHL games.

Are you planning on getting it on a specific console? I got myself a PS4. Maybe we could play a few games.

I only ever play franchise mode.

I only play GM mode.

But sure. You can destroy me.

Me too... and I am not really good at the game. I still use classic controls... so that limits my abilities. Every year I tell myself that I'll learn the new controls but then I get impatient.

Not sure if serious.

What are classic controls?

You dont use the stick to shoot?

Back