• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: OT Thread

So... I had a passenger hitching a ride in our engine for who knows how long. Came out from the grocery store and there were 4 or 5 women surrounding our car. Turns out someone heard this little guy meowing and they were trying to get it out.
11226196_10152935518617115_8805269391108854469_n.jpg

This girl was able to reach into a hole from under the hood and get it out.
11058493_10152935520957115_4816643834834243426_n.jpg

We now know who's cat it is. When my wife was working out of town yesterday afternoon. It turns out that a few kittens were playing around our vehicle. This one climbed up under the car. So this poor little thing rode all the way home with my wife. Sat in the driveway while I pressure washed the car. Then sat in the garage overnight. Then rode to work with me and sat there for 8 and a half hours. Then rode back to town with me. Quite the 24+ hours.

When I was living in Montreal way back when I remember my Dad went out in the winter morning to start the car to warm it up and there was a bang followed by a puff of fur coming out of the front of the engine. My Dad opened the hood and there was our cat, Lucky, not looking too good. My Dad brought him inside where he was able to walk around but had no fur around his eyes area and some minor blood scratches. You could tell he couldn't see too well as he almost walked through our stairs banister and down a floor.

We took him to the vet in our other car because the fan belt came off the one he was was resting in. He was fine but every morning thereafter my Dad would thump the hood before starting his car.

Yep, anyone who ever used a block heater was told to bang on the hood before starting the engine because cats will go where it's warm. Lucky was a good name for that cat of yours, Lotus, because most cats who do that aren't.

The kitten in Patrol's car is lucky to still be in one piece as well.

About OT. I have a long time friend, a woman in her 40s, was missing this morning. Her son called me and ask me if I saw her. Told him I haven't seen or talk to her for 10 days. So they decided to call the police.

Unfortunately, she was found dead before 6pm. Suicide. This friend helped me being strong during my divorce, always there to talk and all.

I just can't believe she died.

Tough friday night.

About OT. I have a long time friend, a woman in her 40s, was missing this morning. Her son called me and ask me if I saw her. Told him I haven't seen or talk to her for 10 days. So they decided to call the police.

Unfortunately, she was found dead before 6pm. Suicide. This friend helped me being strong during my divorce, always there to talk and all.

Tough friday night.

My sympathies

Tough friday night.

That's terrible. My condolences.

Back