• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Saku Koivu

ali.jeraj

Any recent news? I know the Ducks don't want him back and he's pretty much done, thought maybe he would announce his retirement.

I think he's waiting until training camps start to see if he gets an offer from another team.

Part of me would love to bring him back so that he can end his career "the right way". But I just don't see a fit for him.

Maybe if he's still kicking around at the deadline and MB is looking for some veteran depth. It would be sweet if he could end his career both as a Hab and as a Cup champion.

Koivu was my favorite after Roy had left. Took me a couple years to get another favorite player. Don't think there is room here for him unless Pleks was dealt.

Since they need a captain they should bring him in for leadership! Rouah's head would explode. :lol

Koivu was my favorite after Roy had left. Took me a couple years to get another favorite player. Don't think there is room here for him unless Pleks was dealt.

Even if Pleks is dealt, I still don't think there's room for him.

At this point, I think he's going to retire. I don't see him as the mercenary type who's going to move his family every year.

I would not be surprised at all if he went back to Finland and played there. He's a national icon and could make some big coin.

There was a report that Helsinki was offering a $10M deal for Teemu Selanne to play in the KHL. And they even made him an offer to play only home games for $5M. I think Saku could get something like that.

We don't need him, that ship sailed a long time ago.

If not for the cancer comeback, which was a heart warming story, his career would not be memorable.

Pass. Never was a big fan. Way overrated he was

Injuries really killed him. You always knew, however, that he would show up come playoff time (when we made them in those dark days). 48 points in 54 career playoff games for the Habs. I'd take that from anyone on the current roster.

Injuries really killed him. You always knew, however, that he would show up come playoff time (when we made them in those dark days). 48 points in 54 career playoff games for the Habs. I'd take that from anyone on the current roster.
His best regular season games always seemed to be against boston and toronto too.

Ya, Saku is pretty much done. The only place I could see him is maybe in a 4th line role, if there's an injury. He would pretty much only be around for leadership.

His pts/game has been steadily declining since he went to the ducks. His breakdown in the last 5 years:

Back