• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An the unfortunately reality is that both of them seem to miss at least 10-15 games a year

Which is fine and to be expected. What I'm waiting for is for one of them to actually break something or blow out a body part. Honestly, this camp has that sort of feel to it.

In his tweets today, Chip seems to have pretty much resolved himself to Nash at 2nd line center. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to call Tlusty-Eric-Semin and Skinner-Nash-Lindholm as our top 2 lines on October 10th quite yet as Chip wants to do.

Chirp tweeting that Cam Ward likely getting the start in front of his former head coach, Kirk Muller, in St. Louis tonight (puck drop at 8PM, with ChuckandtheletterK on the call). Defensive pairing may include Biega- Fleury and Murphy-Gleason. Staal, Nash, Rask and Sutter down the spine.

Last edited:
In his tweets today, Chip seems to have pretty much resolved himself to Nash at 2nd line center. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to call Tlusty-Eric-Semin and Skinner-Nash-Lindholm as our top 2 lines on October 10th quite yet as Chip wants to do.

Here's that tweet for the Twitter-impaired:

EStaal with Tlusty, Semin; Nash with Skinner, Lindholm. Have to think that's top six for opening night. Barring another injury.

Remember when we were a bit uncomfortable with Nash as our third-line center option? *gulp*

I agree that it's still early. We'll see.

Chip being Chip...I tweeted back to him that Rick Nash in your top 6 fine, Riley Nash in your top 6 hysterical...

I think I would rather see Lindholm or Skinner centering a second line over Riley Nash...Riley Nash was borderline over-slotted as the third line center to begin with in my humble opinion.

I agree with you CanadaCanes. Unless Riley Nash rises to the opportunity I still expect that he will not be in the top 6 for very long (if he ends up there at all). You never know with these guys though, Nash once in a while surprises me with his skill. Maybe under Peters he will suddenly emerge?

Personally I would rather have Lindholm at center, someone else on his wing (Boychuk?) and have Nash back with Gerbe and someone else on the 3rd line. Still lots of time to have things shake out over the next 4 preseason games, so I don't read much into Nash being with Skinner and Lindholm in pre-season game 4. I see this as 'one option' to be considered, its not necessarily going to be the best option and the one Peters goes with on Oct 10th.

Last edited:
Nash has shown glimpses of improvement. He's taking his sweet time to develop though, but maybe he's getting better? It'll be interesting to see how he does with talent on his wings.

After two in St. Louis the canes are only down 2-1. Cward has been stopping the puck. The canes, usual can', find the baxk of the net.

I'm giving Cam an even for his .897 sv% tonight.

Kudobin .5 games +.5 points
Ward 1.5 games -.5 points.

Kudobin is really one more great start away from earning the opening night start.

Happy to see the canes in mid season form. Can't score and can't keep the puck out of their own net.

Ah, butterfly kahuna, remember the new coach, new GM and new system. The November season will be noted by a wider scoring differential, like 5-0, then mid season form where the scores will be closer then the late season push and the we like our team season trying to get into the playoffs but missing by only 10 points or so followed closely by the post excuse season - staal the younger came back too soon, Staal the elder never fully recovered from preseason surgery, the fourth line energy guys didn't have any energy, we never got any secondary scoring after the primary scoring almost scored, peters didn't have enough training camp to fully implement his system and our favorite, the third string goalie failed to save enough games after our two top goalies went down.
Next year peters will be able to fully implement his system, the staal's and semin will be at 100% and with that in mind the fans will accept our modest 20% ticket increase and our $5 parking increase. With all that in mind we are starting preparations for the stanley cup parade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back