• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread

I had the unfortunate experience of listening to Bobcat and his buddy say that the Leafs would have trouble getting rid of contracts like Gardiner, Bozak, and JVR. I was just like WTF and I turned it off but I was just so taken back that these guys are getting paid for this blatant misinformation.

Oh yes Bobcat, who admits he doesn't watch hockey and finds it boring. Why in Toronto should we take a guy's opinion on hockey-related matters.

It honestly makes me a little embarrassed to be a Leaf fan that people are even talking about this.

Dumbest shit ever.

****ing modern day sensitivity. Certain issues, I get, but getting upset that that brand new thing that your team just started doing wasn't done is borderline retarded.

****ing modern day sensitivity. Certain issues, I get, but getting upset that that brand new thing that your team just started doing wasn't done is borderline retarded.

It's the meaning behind it that is ruffling people's feathers. You start to do something to show fan appreciation after a home game. You stop doing it when you start to get some heat from the fans/media after a string of embarrassing losses where you frankly looked pathetic as a team. And then you justify it by saying it was done to "change your routine". The whole situation is just stupid on so many levels.

Yeah, sure. They had a players-only meeting in the locker room to discuss ways they could spite their fans, and decided stopping the stick salute was the way to do it.

Get a grip. It doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, sure. They had a players-only meeting in the locker room to discuss ways they could spite their fans, and decided stopping the stick salute was the way to do it.

Get a grip. It doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't mean anything, however, its just awful timing. That is all it is.

Somebody in that dressing room had to have known that by doing this, right after a 9-2 loss and 72 hours of craziness within the media, that this would create a firestorm.

Do I care about it? Personally no I do not, however this was just really dumb timing to make this decision coming off the week they had.

This circus was their own doing and so unnecessary.

There are no adults in that room is what this tells me. Knowing the media, knowing the context in which this was about to take place after a historically embarrassing streak....can't think of one good reason they did this for

One thing I've liked is that they had a 90 min practice to address things and now they had two days of optional skates. And you can see randy was hesitant. But the athletes know what to do. And it seems to be working.

I've also been up north for the past four days at Kearney ( for all you Scarborough kids) with me grade 6 students so I don't know what the hell is going on with this salute gate but it sounds like the media is going loopy looking for shit to start. Sounds like the players are damned if they do and damned if they don't. But it may work as the players can turn this as an us against them rallying point.

A three game losing streak is historically embarrassing? Jesus H Christ, this fanbase has gone Joker nuts.
I was more pointing to the preds game. Yes that is a historical loss. Goals against record at the ACC. Most goals scored by the Preds in their history. Most goals given up by the Leafs since 1991 etc.

James Mirtle
According to @KyleTheReporter both Percy and Granberg are hurt. Takes away two options for Leafs to recall.

Any update on Polak's injury? Let's hope he's out for a week or so at most ... he's been logging some big minutes for us and he's pretty irreplaceable in our system

Back