• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread

This season will tell us a lot more about the core than the past couple. They've finally surrounded the core with some solid vets (and a kid) that can play solid, mistake free hockey such as Winnik, Komarov, Santorelli, Robidas, Polak and Percy. And even Clarkson is looking like one of those guys so far this season, instead of the complete abortion he was last year.

If the core of this team can't even make the playoffs with solid, playable lines behind them then there could be reason to be concerned.

But I still can't fathom how people are making broad generalizations of this version of the team 2-3 games into the season. Its silly.

Did I just read someone reference a playoff loss from two years ago as support of the state of the team currently?

Pronger at one point said the Leafs need to rebuild.

The leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league.

#prongerlogic

To be fair, we could use one of those top draft picks this year. A bunch of them look to have Elite potential.

This is the year though. If this core shits the bed this season, you really got to take a look at moving some of the core guys. Maybe Carlyle is the root of all problems. Though watching them half ass it the first 2 games is not much on the coach. That was some poor effort.

If this group isn't making the playoffs, it better not just miss and end up 9-10th. If you are going to lose, lose and make it worth it at the draft table.

So was playing NHL15 and this is what happened:

Traded Franson + Holland + 1st rounder for Eric Staal

Simmed the remainder of the season til game 7 of the finals where the Leafs met Vancouver.

Clarkson scored 2 goals(GWG mind you). Kadri won the Conn Smythe trophy.

In other words, get Eric Staal!

huh. looks like Reimer is starting tonight.

I am honestly surprised. Thought Randy would just stick Bernier back in.

welcome back, goalie controversy!

seems like Randy is putting the same winning lineup back out there tonight. can't blame him.

huh. looks like Reimer is starting tonight.

I am honestly surprised. Thought Randy would just stick Bernier back in.

welcome back, goalie controversy!

At the very least he deserves it for not being able to finish the game. He played well and it will definitely be interesting in Leafland if Reimer plays well consistently. Randy knows his leash is short and tied to the winning post so I expect different decisions this year. Instead of driving a point home he may need the point more.

Heh.

Yeah, really pleased Reims is getting the start today, he earned it with his play against NYR. And let the media circus begin anew...

I'd move other pieces instead of the 1st rounder. Our season with or without Staal can go either way. It would suck major ass to give up the first and watch Carolina pick twice in the top 10.

Of course one would rather move Franson instead of Gardiner or something other than the 1.....but Carolina needs assets in the deal too.

Frankly if i am them Bozak does nothing for me and i insist on Kadri/Gardiner/1....and that is after i'm told to go **** myself for asking for Rielly.

Back