• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread

@markhmasters: Bruised foot for Booth; no update on Franson other than Carlyle saying he thinks it's a kneecap issue

So after the first 2 pre-season games, when we managed to keep the shots against from the Flyers to a respectable level, I've pretty much seen the same team, the same system, and the same SA night in and night out.

Maybe we should start carrying more goalies and have a bullpen of relief goalies, cause the shots will be close to 40 every night for as long as Carlyle is here.

The Franson injury looks bad to me too, which potentially opens up a spot for 1 of Holzer, Granberg or Percy. All of them had good and bad games during pre-season, I'm not even sure who to pick. But if they go by the leftie / rightie thing then it will be either Granberg or Holzer. Percy is a leftie. Or, if it's up to me, I'd put Rielly on 2nd unit and make Gardiner switch to Right side, and have Percy on my 3rd unit.

Leivo has played a LOT better than Frattin thus far, and I'd say Nylander has me convinced he's a NHLer.

If season starts tomorrow this is the lineup I'll go with ...

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Nylander - Kadri - Lupul
Komarov - Holland - Leivo
Carrick - Santo - Winnik
Kozoun

Phaneuf - Robidas (assuming he's ready)
Rielly - Gardiner
Percy - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

I still find it amusing that some actually thought that Carlyle would be able to fundamentally change the way this team plays, simply because the new President told him to, after failing to effect any kind of change or improvement over the course of the entire 82 game schedule last year.

I wonder how far we'll get into the season before Peter Horachek or Steve Spott is introduced as our new interim head coach.

If we go on giving up 40 shots then Carlyle and Nonis will be gone. They should've been already but I guess Shanahan wanted to save those bullets.

Ah well, its only preseason. But old habits die hard I guess. I cant watch a team get outshot like we did last year again and have Bernier hung out nightly.

I just need to see forwards hustle and the dmen punish players. We are seriously lacking in that department. Maybe Polak and Robidas might help.

Kozun looked great from what I saw. Kid can hustle.

I hope it works itself out as I still believe Shanny has someone in mind to coach, and he's not available...so if Randy has to go we're probably looking at another interim coach.

it's really hilarious that no matter which players are in the lineup, and no matter what calibre of players the opposition puts in their lineup, randy's teams are completely unable to give up a normal amount of shots.

it really is embarassing that this guy is still coach after his team set a modern day record for shots allowed last year. so insane.

Back