• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Dynasty 2016 Thread

Re: MLB Dynasty Offseason Thread

Since there's been no objections on the prize distribution, I'm going to go ahead and enable Fantrax Treasurer with the agreed values.

This has been brought up before, but initially we used wins, but changed the scoring last year to half the points, with QS making up the other half. It has worked out pretty well imo.

Wait, I thought nothing changed year over year. I'm new so I don't have the history but 2013's scoring looked balanced, and 2014 was very pitcher heavy. Obviously the runs scoring environment has been changing every year, but when I bought up the issue of pitchers dominating the scoring I was told that nothing had changed.

Deckie, can you let me know how much I owe for this year? Remember I said I don't mind paying the dynasty fee that my previous owner didn't pay as well, which I think was $12 or something.

Deckie, can you let me know how much I owe for this year? Remember I said I don't mind paying the dynasty fee that my previous owner didn't pay as well, which I think was $12 or something.

It's covered, dude. Thanks for the offer though :)

This has been brought up before, but initially we used wins, but changed the scoring last year to half the points, with QS making up the other half. It has worked out pretty well imo.

Wait, I thought nothing changed year over year. I'm new so I don't have the history but 2013's scoring looked balanced, and 2014 was very pitcher heavy. Obviously the runs scoring environment has been changing every year, but when I bought up the issue of pitchers dominating the scoring I was told that nothing had changed.

We also penalized pitchers more for runners allowed and added the IRS stat. We tweaked the settings, but overall the scoring results from 2013 from our original scoring and the revised scoring didn't change too much. It actually just made mediocre pitchers more or less unownable and made elite non-closer relievers useful. Last year was the lowest run scoring year in 20 years or something, so it's not unexpected the pitching scoring went up. I suspect if illegal shifts come into effect we'll see batter scoring go up and pitching scoring go down.

Last edited:

The shifts actually haven't changed BABIP at all, they did a couple studies and determined that it's not the shifts, but it's essentially the issue with the run scoring environment is simply the strike zone. K's have increased every year for the last decade and are at an all time high.

Since there's been no objections on the prize distribution, I'm going to go ahead and enable Fantrax Treasurer with the agreed values.

Any rule change that significant, that involves altering how the payout structure has been previously......we should be sticking with the status quo, which is to vote on such things.

Last edited:

Any rule change that significant, that involves altering how the payout structure has been previously......we should be sticking with the status quo, which is to vote on such things.
No problem. I'll send out an email and put up a poll.

I remember you had suggested one with an increased entry fee. I'll put that one up along with mine and a third option to keep status quo.

Last edited:

Just noticed that the max GP for starting pitchers is 170. I can't remember, did we make that change before last season, or after?

Couple of housekeeping issues, I think all teams except for Timmay are now at 55 players or less (ie. 25 regulars, 30 minor leaguers). I think a team or two may still be above the 25 threshold for regulars though, so hopefully teams can get that straightened out. Was also wondering what the waiver order should be, if it needs to be changed or not.

So when will we figure out the draft order? I think we should get that set up sooner rather then later.

I'll do it tomorrow. Just need to figure out how I did it last year. :lol

Just a heads-up to let everyone know there is an issue with one of our teams (Smokin' Stogies). Looks like he dropped a bunch of players from his roster in December/January, there may have been some confusion about how things work in the off-season. In addition, he's got some medical and work issues and suggested we may need to find a replacement manager, which we will probably do.

I have discussed this issue with Deckie and HP, and Deckie may already have someone in mind, but if it doesn't work out there may be a team available. We also feel it would be fair to the new manager to re-add those dropped players back onto the roster. The replacement manager can then decide on the players they want to protect.

Out of curiousity....I thought that once a player was listed on your unprotected list, they couldn't be traded until after the draft and only protected players could be traded.

Back