• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs/Habs/Sens 2014-15

Not really... this Senators franchise has never won a Cup. Just like Dale Hawerchuk never played for this Winnipeg Jets franchise.

I don't know why people get so riled up over this.

It's not the same actual franchise, we all get it, but it's the same city, the team name is part of that history, the players that played in that city are a part of that history.

It's symbolic. It's paying homage to tradition. There can't be one person alive that actually counts Cups from the 20's and is serious about it.

Then again, there are a lot of dumb people out there.

I don't know why people get so riled up over this.
Who's riled up?

It's not the same actual franchise, we all get it, but it's the same city, the team name is part of that history, the players that played in that city are a part of that history.
I was just saying that the Sens don't have a Cup... even 90 years ago.

To each their own, but I'm happy that the Habs don't hang banners for the Maroons, Wanderers etc Cups.

Who's riled up?

I was just saying that the Sens don't have a Cup... even 90 years ago.

To each their own, but I'm happy that the Habs don't hang banners for the Maroons, Wanderers etc Cups.

Well that's an entirely different scenario. Your team has been around forever.

I don't think it's too far fetched for the current Winnipeg Jets to honor guys like Hawerchuk and Selanne....if they haven't already.

It's for the fans.

Like if Quebec ever gets a team again, it would be silly to think that they wouldn't bring a guy like Sakic back for some kind of ceremony at some point. Or Michel Goulet...whoever.

Hard to win the Cup when you have no team for 60 of those years, but if they did, I have no doubt they would have won more than the Leafs.

Congratulations on your loser point tonight.

That this is an insult is pretty funny on so many levels.

We don't want the point, as you know, and yet we got it with literally half our actual roster traded, injured, or healthy scratched.

Hard to win the Cup when you have no team for 60 of those years, but if they did, I have no doubt they would have won more than the Leafs.

Tough talk for someone who follows a team that has exactly as many cups since you were awarded a franchise ~20 years ago, as you had in that aforementioned 60 yr stretch.

Yeah, mock Leaf futility, it's been done by better than you. At the end of the day though, the Sens have been as inept at bringing home the prize as the Leafs over the past few decades.

Tough talk for someone who follows a team that has exactly as many cups since you were awarded a franchise ~20 years ago, as you had in that aforementioned 60 yr stretch.

Yeah, mock Leaf futility, it's been done by better than you. At the end of the day though, the Sens have been as inept at bringing home the prize as the Leafs over the past few decades.

Well... we at least played for one.

giphy.gif

Eh, a cup is a cup. Besides those 6 teams weren't wattered down
Fair enough I understand both sides.

I totally respect those teams and players for their achievements. It's just that to me they competed for a different trophy than the one I've been cheering for, for multitude of reasons.

Back