• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs/Habs/Sens 2014-15

The board was a better place with KB and with Teeds, regardless of how over the top they were. I still don't agree with their bannings. Most of us have been posting together for over a decade now. I don 't know all the details, but it seems like a few got butthurt and lobbied long and hard enough to get it done.

I don't know. These boards are for entertainment. When you start to take trolls seriously enough that you get genuinely mad..maybe you need to take a step back yourself and re-evaluate.

Maybe teeds was a paranoid schizo, maybe KB was a frothing at the mouth contrarian, but they were still a part of the community, and for a long time.

I think they should both be unbanned. If they come back, fine, if not, also fine.

You don't HAVE to argue with people, and if you choose to engage, you don't have to escalate to the point of actual anger.

Just my $0.02

sensgoal.gif

Perfectly legal. A re-direct. No kick. Get over it.

Nah. KB and Teeds stopped being entertaining a long time ago. Its not about trolling. They just derailed every thread to be about nothing forcing you to wade through pages and pages of nonsense and made the boards unreadable for the most part. I ended up putting a ton of people on ignore when they were here just so I could actually read/talk hockey.

Its better with them gone.

Nah. KB and Teeds stopped being entertaining a long time ago. Its not about trolling. They just derailed every thread to be about nothing forcing you to wade through pages and pages of nonsense and made the boards unreadable for the most part. I ended up putting a ton of people on ignore when they were here just so I could actually read/talk hockey.

Exactly. I can't comment too much on KB's banning, since I stay completely out of the American politics thread and don't really know what led to him getting the hammer. But with teeder, it eventually got to the point where the thread hijacking was out of control. Every single post he made in any hockey thread was all about him seeking attention and steering the discussion towards his crackpot rumours and made-up insider information. As much as he was always an eccentric, it got exponentially worse leading up to his banning.

And as for KB, as I said, I don't know why he's gone, but I can't say I've ever missed seeing his posts around here.

It was entertaining in small doses but it infected every thread.

Nor have you ever said ref was dumb and it was unacceptable for the faceoff before the Swede's goal to be on wrong side. I believe you said so what. Nor did you have any problem with Turris' interference on tieing. #unbiased Cork

Hanging around Leaf fans for over a decade is like being married ... always there to throw the misdeeds in your face, no matter how long ago.

It's amazing how changing one word in your statement still makes it valid.

The board was a better place with KB and with Teeds, regardless of how over the top they were. I still don't agree with their bannings. Most of us have been posting together for over a decade now. I don 't know all the details, but it seems like a few got butthurt and lobbied long and hard enough to get it done.

I don't know. These boards are for entertainment. When you start to take trolls seriously enough that you get genuinely mad..maybe you need to take a step back yourself and re-evaluate.

Maybe teeds was a paranoid schizo, maybe KB was a frothing at the mouth contrarian, but they were still a part of the community, and for a long time.

I think they should both be unbanned. If they come back, fine, if not, also fine.

You don't HAVE to argue with people, and if you choose to engage, you don't have to escalate to the point of actual anger.

Just my $0.02

To be clear, nobody ever bothers me enough to really ban except spammers because I love dishing it back to them. You do have to realize though that there were endless threads getting derailed here and discussions started crossing over into multiple threads etc. It is understandable that people got upset. It's not like they were banned on a whim, both characters received what seemed like endless warnings and requests to stop. Ultimately it became like the show Survivor and the tribe voted them out.

And cause it seems like everyone forgets. Teeds banned himself. I refused several times and he kept asking so I finally obliged.

Yeesshhh....I came to read about how the Laffs are way better then the midgets.....and you're talking about bannings.....

I post in places and had administered a site that have completely open policy. Lots of hurt butts, but nobody died. I'm also mod a place that has a fairly restrictive policy on how people interact. Some people love it. So I'm of two minds on the subject and as long as tolerance levels are applied evenly, I'm fine with it. What I have enormous issue with is the site owners are biased and apply a slanted banning hammer.

There is a valid argument though on characters invading every discussion and derailing them. Even if they are not the culprits, their presence creates ranchor. If they are clearly aware of it and done intentionally to create chaos, that is bannable. The supporting argument is very simple......free speech can not flourish if the environment is deliberately poisoned. But then, care must be given restrictions/actions are applied fairly.

BTW....how come I lose my login by the time I get the coals fired for my thoughts? It seems if I don't post within minutes, I'm logged out. Has something changed?

BTW....how come I lose my login by the time I get the coals fired for my thoughts? It seems if I don't post within minutes, I'm logged out. Has something changed?

Check the "remember me" box and you won't have that problem... or stop writing 20 minute long posts.

Last edited:
Hey I did say I didn't know the details...

If teeds wanted to be banned...ok so then why did he come back with a different ID.

I know that some guys were difficult but still, we're all brothers here :banghead:

Where has Jays been, I havent seen him in months?

Back