• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Chantel Thread

I wonder how they prove texting? I guess a person could confess after a wreck, but I think in most cases a cop can't see you text.

If you cause a wreck then you are going to get a ticket regardless of the cause for some violation. But I agree texting ban is a good idea.

I wonder how they prove texting? I guess a person could confess after a wreck, but I think in most cases a cop can't see you text.

If you cause a wreck then you are going to get a ticket regardless of the cause for some violation. But I agree texting ban is a good idea.

It is already banned.

Yes I know it's already banned , I think it's banned in every state or almost all.

Of course as far as I know mascara, lipstick, blush, etc. application is still OK. But I normally just see that at stoplights in the AM.

I'm not really "stuck" on this, but I'm just confused about the comparison. I understand you are stuck on "impaired" but I guess I'm talking about my own practical experience with the 2 sets of people.

As far as texting...I wish every person I see doing that WOULD get ticketed and harshly fined. It's a ridiculous dangerous habit and I won't be surprised or disappointed to see laws/punishment evolve like the DUI laws have.

The comparison is simple. Drinking and driving can kill people. Falling asleep at the wheel can kill people. Doing either one is irresponsible. But one is more stigmatized than the other so some people want her fired from her job. If she had fallen asleep at the wheel and crashed her car into a tree we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sorry this happened to Chantel, but she has no one to blame but herself. I do agree with SlapShots that the Canes are doing the right thing by taking the time to understand exactly what happened. Personally, I think she'll be gone tomorrow.

Yes I know it's already banned , I think it's banned in every state or almost all.

Of course as far as I know mascara, lipstick, blush, etc. application is still OK. But I normally just see that at stoplights in the AM.

Funny how that works isn't it?

I wonder how many people have ended up in the hospital with a mascara brush stuck in their eyeball?

The comparison is simple. Drinking and driving can kill people. Falling asleep at the wheel can kill people. Doing either one is irresponsible. But one is more stigmatized than the other so some people want her fired from her job. If she had fallen asleep at the wheel and crashed her car into a tree we wouldn't be having this discussion.

As a matter of fact, she would be getting sympathy right now.

Only comment I will make here is this. If the Canes do decide to fire her (and they have the right to do that) it will then look very hypocritical that they hand out a Steve Chiasson award every year....that incidentally demonstrates "leadership". Interesting choices as I don't think you can have it both ways.

Phelps was just suspended 6 months from competition for his DUI.

It was also his second driving related incident....among the many other non-swimming related drinking/drugs/partying type behaviors that have been documented over the years. That said, the ban is a knee jerk reaction that doesn't seem to mean much. He already said he was taking time off from swimming to deal with the issues. The suspension just seems like an organization patting themselves on the back in the wake of the NFL issues.

She should lose her job because she is TERRIBLE at it....not because of the DWI. She is the worst. I would rather see Tripp Tracey in a wig doing her job.

Her contract was renewed over the summer so I think that means they are happy with the job she does. And the NHL hired her for the playoffs so I guess they think she's OK as well.

She should lose her job because she is TERRIBLE at it....not because of the DWI. She is the worst. I would rather see Tripp Tracey in a wig doing her job.

Time for the out of town scoreboard...after one weekend in Raleigh...Chantel 0 Raleigh PD 1...

My favorite Chantelism is announcing the scores ass backwards...so I could not resist this one.

Big difference between those two ... one is a chosen behavior. I seriously doubt people regularly choose to fall asleep at the wheel. If you drive drunk, it's because you made it happen. In both cases you should face consequences for your own decisions, as with any other decisions.

Big difference between those two ... one is a chosen behavior. I seriously doubt people regularly choose to fall asleep at the wheel. If you drive drunk, it's because you made it happen. In both cases you should face consequences for your own decisions, as with any other decisions.
Alright Judge Jeffbear. Whatever you say man.

Back