• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Leafs vs. Smurfs - Round 790 - 7:00 PM - Sports Net

Habs looked like they did last season, moving the puck like a well-oiled machine. THAT'S what we need from the Leafs, and we took a good step last night. Hoping that once the lines gel after a few more games, that we'll see more scoring chances from the 2/3 lines. ..and yep, Lupul looks to have lost a step. Doesn't look near as dangerous as he was a couple years ago.

I was being sarcastic for the most part didn't think he'd say "oh yeah I'd stick Kessel on the 4th line" madness.

Habs looked like they did last season, moving the puck like a well-oiled machine. THAT'S what we need from the Leafs, and we took a good step last night. Hoping that once the lines gel after a few more games, that we'll see more scoring chances from the 2/3 lines. ..and yep, Lupul looks to have lost a step. Doesn't look near as dangerous as he was a couple years ago.

Habs sucked.

It was great to see depth production; Clarkson quietly had a great game as well. Our first line, however, needs to be way better at both ends of the ice

So prongers solution is to bench Dion, bench Bernier, bench Kessel, and play 7 d, **** me....

I never said bench phaneuf or Kessel, go back and reread my post and I said I'd put phaneuf on the 3rd pairing next game. You made the sarcastic comment about Kessel, and I merely replied i liked his well rounded game but that if I were coach and he played horribly (which he didn't last night btw) I'd put him on the 4th line.

Playing 7d makes the most sense for when franson comes back in a few weeks, unless of course u want Percy either in the pressbox or minors. Playing 7d allows for both franson and Percy to get ice time, which is the best of both worlds of course until franson gets traded eventually.

**** Franson. Percy is better than him already and has a future here.

I'm with u on this I don't want franson anywhere near this team and Percy has already shown he's above him. However, this is Carlye ans with this disturbing amount of entitlement on this team fransons gonna be inserted into the lineup when he returns from his injury.

It was great to see depth production; Clarkson quietly had a great game as well. Our first line, however, needs to be way better at both ends of the ice

Though I was focusing on the habs for the most part...the one player that stood out from the leafs was clarkson...but maybe that is because I expected him to be brutal.

Barely noticed Kessel last night and normally he makes me nervous everytime he is on the ice.

Phaneuf being Phaneuf on that first goal.

Defensive stud my ass.

weird how Doughty got walked even worse in the nightcap.

patches is good. he beat dion, and needed every ounce of his speed and strength to do it....and still was left with only a non-scoring chance that never should have gone in.

weird how Doughty got walked even worse in the nightcap.

patches is good. he beat dion, and needed every ounce of his speed and strength to do it....and still was left with only a non-scoring chance that never should have gone in.

I have a feeling we'll be making more excuses for him this season zeke. If we make the playoffs this year and Dion ends up being one of our weaker dmen i think it'll be time to take a look at some other options. Not saying he's shit just don't think he's so elite like some on here think...but numbers say he is so can't argue i guess..These days even during games when there isn't a whole lot of pressure(it's only a first game and he already looked like a pylon) he manages to **** up(on multiple occasions).

We played a great first period and then were shit for most of 2nd and 3rd. I absolutely can't stress enough(and have done it for over a year now) about that first line. They only look good/great when teams give them a lot of room out there(basically a rush game). As soon as they are shut down or forced to play d, it all goes downhill. It's one huge problem i have with Randy because its been obvious for way too long. Just make the damn change with your top 6 or gtfo.

Percy look great and just maybe one bad play(no not that goal..wasn't his fault)..He skated well, good positioning and made some great passes. Definitely should start over Franson.

I agree with whoever said Frattin sucks(Arty i think). Should be Leivo or even Booth on that line when they're healthy. Also agree that Kozun deserves to keep going on Naz's line.

Clarkson actually looked useful for a change. That line had some really good cycle game going..Very nice to see.

So prongers solution is to bench Dion, bench Bernier, bench Kessel, and play 7 d, **** me....

Best to just ignore. He said earlier that Kessel and JVR did a good job on d. No ****ing clue what he was watching as 2 goals were directly linked to Kessel floating around and JVR not getting his man in front of the net.

Back