• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014-15 Season

No, baseline is symptom free at rest for 24 hours. Then the progression begins, each step being 24 hours. So a week essentially becomes the minimum. Check out table 1 in the latest Consensus statement on concsussion. There is some debate in how it should be done but this is the general guideline.

http://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed...atement_on_Concussion_in_Sport_the_4th.1.aspx

Great read Doc.

So right now Max is at stage 3 of the recovery chart. It makes perfect sense that a week is about the minimum a player can go with a possible concussion. I wish they were a little more clear on the distinction between Concussion and mTBI.

Excuse my ignorance but what happened to Gilbert, he wasn't in line up in last couple games, injuries or healthy scratch?

Great read Doc.

So right now Max is at stage 3 of the recovery chart. It makes perfect sense that a week is about the minimum a player can go with a possible concussion. I wish they were a little more clear on the distinction between Concussion and mTBI.

Ya, they really are the same entity and you will see them used interchangeably. I think some would like to replace concussion with MTBI to give the condition more "validity" as something potentially serious.

Back